cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

t-4 in motion

sledfisher
Explorer
Explorer
so I got with direct tv today and ordered another receiver for the motorhome. they caught me off guard when they asked wether I wanted wired or not.whats the differant
4 REPLIES 4

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
However, no HD with DirecTV and a dome as the OP is posting about. The dome is also going to lose at least from available programming early next year if DTV stops SD broadcasts as scheduled.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

johnsonbert
Explorer
Explorer
We have a primary DVR in the front of the coach, and the rear receiver is a wireless add-on. They create an internal private network and the rear receiver picks up the signal. The advantage is that you can have HD in both the front and rear. I think that if the rear is wired from the primary DVR, I am not sure HD is available. Regardless, they have to figure out how to get a wire back there, and I was not interested in a bunch or holes being drilled. You could also run a separate main receiver in the rear but you would have to feed it directly from the dish, whether it be a roof mount or outside ground mount. Hope this may help, Happy Trails Bert
2006 Monaco Dynasty Diamond IV 42' Tag, ISL 400,(new to us), Residential Refrig, 10KW Onan, Bosch Washer/220V Dryer (previously 2003 American Tradition 40W) 2010 Chev Malibu LT

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
sledfisher wrote:
so I got with direct tv today and ordered another receiver for the motorhome. they caught me off guard when they asked wether I wanted wired or not.whats the differant

DTV offers receivers and "clients". The clients can be wireless. If you want a receiver for your RV then you must get a wired receiver and NOT a wireless client.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
sledfisher wrote:
"snip/...I wanted wired or not.whats the differant

The biggest difference is one is wired and the other one is not. :B...Dennis

(Sorry, I couldn't help myself :))
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison