Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

supersteer-ss401-rear-trac-bar-for-ford-f53-

riverboaterbill
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys,
I am considering adding a Supersteer Rear Trac Bar to my 2023 Winnebago Vista 29. I would appreciate any advice or suggestions! Thanks in advance!
2023 Winnebago Vista WFE29V
5 REPLIES 5

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
We added a rear trac bar to our 40' class A that has some serious overhang, no doubt there was a dramatic difference after I installed it. It is the best improvement we made thus far, now my wife loves to drive our coach, better handling is definitely noticeable on longer rigs. Overall, it was an easy DIY project that took an hour or so to complete.

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
Oldtymeflyr wrote:
If you do a bunch of reading you will find that the rear track bar does not make a lot of difference, maybe for older units it could.

Rear track bar/panhard rod IS a good idea and gives increasing benefits as REAR OVERHANG is longer= more "tail wagging the dog".
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Had a 2018 new 34 ft Holiday Rambler V-10 that we towed a car behind. Hated the way it drove, like a slight wander back and forth TILL I added the rear trac bar. Installed it myself and fixed the wander. Keeps the rear axle planted under the rig and to us was well worth the price.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Oldtymeflyr
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2022 Vista 29. New chassis, up graded suspension from earlier models and the 7.3 engine.

All over the road. I installed SuperSteer Front Radius Rods Compatible with Ford F53. Made a world of difference. One hand driving.

If you do a bunch of reading you will find that the rear track bar does not make a lot of difference, maybe for older units it could.

My next upgrade will be the new Koni shocks. They are on backorder everywhere, but some day they will be available.

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
The only difference between brands of trac bars is the color and price. They all do the same thing. Look at the different brands and compare how they mount. If you are going to DIY look for the one that are the easiest to install with your ability.