Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Stove cover

Mean_Jeanne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Aloha all:

I have a 2007 Roadtrek 170 Popular and, unfortunately, I broke the cover for the 2 burner stove on my last trip. ๐Ÿ˜ž I figured I would just look for a new one when I got home, but that has not been as simple as I had hoped. I found one (pic attached) but it's advertised for a 190 Popular; it's likely the same but it looks bigger, and the notch to keep it from sliding around appears to be on the wrong side (right side on my 170...left in that pic)...and, of course, I did not think to measure the cover before I left and it's located out of state. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Can anyone out there in Good Sam RV forum land provide me with those measurements...length, width, height...also where the notch is (how far from the front)? Much appreciated.

Mike

Stove_cover
18 REPLIES 18

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
PSW wrote:
When I fabricate something like this I usually cut out the form on some 1/8 inch Masonite to make sure of the fit and then use the Masonite as a template for the fabrication of the final product. This allows my usual errors in judgement or measurement to be corrected with only a buck or two invested in the Masonite.

Or cardboard.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

PSW
Explorer
Explorer
When I fabricate something like this I usually cut out the form on some 1/8 inch Masonite to make sure of the fit and then use the Masonite as a template for the fabrication of the final product. This allows my usual errors in judgement or measurement to be corrected with only a buck or two invested in the Masonite.
PSW
2013 Phoenix Cruiser 2350
2014 Jeep Cherokee behind it
and a 2007 Roadtrek 210P for touring

Mean_Jeanne
Explorer III
Explorer III
That's awesome Casey, thank you so much! I've been on the phone with both Roadtrek and the maker of the stove...no one has that cover anymore. ๐Ÿ˜ž It looks like trying to fabricate something is the answer, but only thanks to those measurements...thanks again. ๐Ÿ™‚

Mike

Caseyontheroad
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 170 Pop.
Measurements for my stove cover are
Length: 20 1/4 inches
Width: 13 1/8 inches
Height: 1 1/2 in front and 2 7/8 in back.
The notch is on the right if you're standing in front of the stove. It runs from 2 1/4 to 2 7/8 from the front edge.
I hadn't noticed before today but my cover is a bit warped but it still fits the alloted space just fine.
2007 Roadtrek 170 Popular
1988 VW Westy

Mean_Jeanne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice...that's a great solution.

oldcat1
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a cutting board about 5/8" thick and big enough to cover the stove top. I put some screw on furniture bumpers (Home Depot) on the bottom in places that would keep the board from sliding around using the burner grates to "lock" it in. 10 years and thousands of miles and it has always stayed in place during travel. Bonus - a nice cutting board to use inside and outside the RV.

Safe travels.
2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0
2014 Surveyor Sport 220RBS

Mean_Jeanne
Explorer III
Explorer III
I was considering buying a butcher-block cutting board then using a router to "hollow" it out to fit over the stove/grill; metal sheet is not a bad idea, but I don't foresee it being on while the cover is in place. ๐Ÿ™‚

JimBollman
Explorer
Explorer
I made my own out of some scraps of plastic like wood left over from a deck project and a plastic cutting board the right size (cheap with assorted colors and sizes on Amazon). not heat proof but if that is important you could add a metal sheet under the cutting board.

Mean_Jeanne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Aloha TMBLSN:

Thanks for your suggestion. The stove (and cover?!) is made by a company called "Suburban" and I am in contact with them as well. As to your suggestion about getting one made up, we're clearly thinking along the same lines, as that is exactly what I'm trying to do...but need the measurements. ๐Ÿ˜‰ lol

Thanks

Mike

Mean_Jeanne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Doesn't look like that worked either. Below is the URL to the part similar to what I need.

Mike

https://www.mobiliferv.ca/rv-parts/roadtrek/190-pc-stove-cover-hm-732/6821/

Mean_Jeanne
Explorer III
Explorer III
This all became very adversarial when I was just looking for some measurements; my intention was neither to confuse or offend, nor to claim any untrue facts...I'm just looking for assistance with something I thought would be relatively common for members here.

I contacted Roadtrek and this is the response I received:

"Roadtrek does not have any older parts for your vehicle. When the Erwin Hymers group went into receivership, all parts allocated with older molders were sold and auctioned. You may try contacting the supplier of the part you are looking for to see if they have any replacements, or you can also contact your Roadtrek dealers to see if they have any in stock."

Looks like I mixed up "Zion" with "Hymer", but the problem still remains regardless of how weird my question is.

Pasusan, you were very helpful with a previous question I had in regards to purging the propane tank (very much appreciated). In regards to this situation, you are right, I didn't explain what I wanted as clearly as I could have; it is the cover over the burners which add to counter space that I need to replace. And the picture would've helped, but I see that it didn't attach. The way to attach pictures seems archaic (and I clearly haven't figured it out), but I'll try again. :h

Thanks again all for your assistance.

Mike

[img][/img]

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
I think I helped you with another question a while ago....

I can't help so far as I don't know what you are talking about - there was no picture that I saw.

Are you talking about the cover over the burners so it will add to counter space?
Or are you talking about the burner grates?

If it is the cover to make more counter space it depends on your countertop material. Mine is Corian and if yours is I could certainly take pictures.

If it is the grate thingy I could also take pictures.

Would like to help...

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
TMBLSN wrote:
Mean Jeanne wrote:
Hmmmmm, well please don't stress yourself too much; my post wasn't about the history of ownership of Roadtrek/Hymer and who went into receivership when...I'm just looking for measurements of a particular part.

Thank you

Mike

My post has nothing to do with any of that. As far as I know, Roadtrek is owned by Hymer, but still operates the way it has for decades.

They were never owned by anything called Zion.

I have a hard time figuring out your question when you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

You are a brand new member throwing a bunch of 'facts' around and asking a weird question.

This is how to reach Road Trek:

https://roadtrek.com/contact-us/

Zion is a model made by Roadtrek. Maybe what the dealer was saying is that they don't make your model anymore and it was replaced by the Zion.

What you really need is the top to fit the model of stove your unit has. Probably a dometic and used in all kinds of RV - not specific to your own. Check the model of your stove and look for the top for that.

In any case if you can't find the part it seems like a glass shop could make it pretty easy for you. I've had glass shops make all kinds of things - tempered or not - pretty cheap and quick. Probably cheaper than the factory one.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

TMBLSN
Explorer
Explorer
Mean Jeanne wrote:
Hmmmmm, well please don't stress yourself too much; my post wasn't about the history of ownership of Roadtrek/Hymer and who went into receivership when...I'm just looking for measurements of a particular part.

Thank you

Mike

My post has nothing to do with any of that. As far as I know, Roadtrek is owned by Hymer, but still operates the way it has for decades.

They were never owned by anything called Zion.

I have a hard time figuring out your question when you don't seem to know what you're talking about.

You are a brand new member throwing a bunch of 'facts' around and asking a weird question.

This is how to reach Road Trek:

https://roadtrek.com/contact-us/
Lee