cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sterling RV/GWV 2015 Classic on Promaster

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
Lake Region RV has just put up a short video of the new 2015 Classic on the Promaster. You need to go down the page below the photos.

2015 Sterling Classic

Fresh from the factory...
Mumkin
2021 Promaster 1500 188wb conversion
2019 Roadtrek Simplicity SRT (half Zion/half Simplicity)
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme
8 REPLIES 8

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
I would guess that it has an espar system for both hot water & heat.

This isn't a permanent bed set-up... it is a make the bed and get in to sleep. LOL
Mumkin
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

studio_driver
Explorer
Explorer
From the video, the cook top appears to be an induction single burner so I would assume it is all electrical, no propane. No problem for the fridge as electrical units are very efficient but I wonder about the furnace and water heater.
2007 PW Excel TS
2 adults

loving_retireme
Explorer
Explorer
mumkin wrote:
Lake Region RV has just put up a short video of the new 2015 Classic on the Promaster. You need to go down the page below the photos.

2015 Sterling Classic

Fresh from the factory...

The Lake Region RV video and web site sure leaves a lot of questions unanwsered. The site gives virtually no specs for this RV and as I watch the video as they scan the outside of the RV I don't see any vents for the fridge, hot water heater or the furnace. So what type of fridge, water heater and furance does this Promaster have? Little or no information about the bed arrangement and how do you get out of the RV when the bed is made up?

jjrai
Explorer
Explorer
The dry bath is a nice feature. All comes down to price.

mumkin
Explorer
Explorer
Neverhappy... you should have kept that old Classic Supreme. LOL

GWV was purchased by Sterling RV and has moved from Canada to Alabama. Many of the employees also made the move. This is a new floor plan on the longer Promaster. The one on the old website was their first attempt on the shorter platform. Thus far they are experimenting with the possibilities on this new choice for the US market. While this arrangement may not appeal, they are very open to making changes. What all the manufacturers seem to be doing with the Promaster is to try to come up with more affordable conversions.

They are well aware that they need to get a new website, and one is supposedly in process.
Mumkin
2015 Roadtrek 170
2011 LTV Libero
2004 GWV Classic Supreme

studio_driver
Explorer
Explorer
I find that red and black combination old looking and no very attractive. The floor plan looks different from what is shown on the Great West Van website. Are these different quality levels from the same company under different names? Confusing.
2007 PW Excel TS
2 adults

Neverhappy
Explorer
Explorer
I hope this cheaply built and looking van is not a Great West as writen in the video...by the way I'm starting to miss my real old fashioned GW...
Y2K Silverado Whipple Supercharger,SuperSprings Airlifts
97 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
77 Chevy 1 Ton C30 (I love this truck)
Chinook Concourse Y2K V10 (Europe)
Roadtrek 190 popular Chevy (USA)
Great West Vans class C 94 (only 4 made)

stan909
Explorer
Explorer
At least someone made a video of a Sterling coach. Sterling rv needs to get some 14 year old to do YouTube videos for them and get their product out there.