Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SS TracBar Install (F53)

DustyRooster
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all!

I will be installing a SS401 tracbar on my F53 chassis.

Hoping one of you could help me determine whether or not I need the RV levelers down before the install?

With the levelers down, the RV is "level" but does that also mean the frame/diff is the most level as well, or should I drop the levelers and install?

Any help or insight would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
6 REPLIES 6

DustyRooster
Explorer
Explorer
Good Morning!

Just wanted to provide an update. Track bar install was easy peasy! I did keep the levelers down, and once installed I dropped the RV and tightened everything up. Just finished my first leg of the trip and I cannot believe the difference the Track Bar made. 80-90% of the dreaded "semi push" was eliminated! So happy about the purchase! Now onto an anti sway bar to help reduce the crosswinds!
Thanks again everyone for the input and advice!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Do you need the levelers down before the install: NO
You do however need to be on level ground or very close to it.

When installing a track bar the RV should be as close to "Going down the road" as it gets.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
When I had that chassis under my motorhome at that time, I had the jacks down to crawl under and loosely install the track bar. Then once it was basicly on, raised the jacks and then tightened it all down. Made a HUGE difference in how secure the MH drove when pulling my car. Was a good investment for me, hope youy like it too.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

DustyRooster
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the feedback! Much appreciated!

I am not too far off level in my garage, but I will put the slides in and raise the levelers before the install to basically mimic the way the motorhome when cruising down the road.

Thanks again!

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
vehicle should be at ride height and on level ground.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
As needed to fit the bar. Might add a floor jack would be used also or a bottle jack as needed.