cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Solar panels installed and why

kidkasha
Explorer
Explorer
How many solar panels have you installed and for what purpose.
21 REPLIES 21

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
I started out with a pair of 45 watt panels and a 15 amp controller, wire and mounts came in a $750 kit in 1994. When a dollar was only worth about twice what it is today. In 1997, I bought another 75 watt solar panel, and maxed out the 15 amp controller.

In 1999, I installed a pair of 120 watt solar panels and a direct TV receiver. This required installing a new controller, and I thought I might install more panels sometime (actually 405 watts was plenty) and bought a 50 amp MPPT controller for $450. They are much lower cost now. I no longer need to tilt my solar panels to fully recharge each day.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
420 Watts, 484 AH of batteries, Controller Blue Sky Solar Boost 2000E. Spend 5 months a year in Mexico often with questionable AC voltage.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Hi,

256 watts of Unisolar. Original intent to charge battery bank between trips and help maintain during trips. I will be adding much more now that I full time.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
2 Kyocera 130 watts panels=260 watts, 30 amp solar boaster, 480 Ah battery bank and 2,000 watts Magnum Inverter/charger. Powers coach and tools.

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
Three panels, 215 watts each. They are for charging the battery bank while boondocking.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

toolman1
Explorer
Explorer
370 Watts, and batteries are @ float level, even on overcast days by noon. Under full sun I can watch TV W/Kenwood Surround @ full tilt, and the solar is supplying more than I am consuming. Gotta luv it!!
See ya out there!!
Hooliville member #128

Gary & Lynne.
'04 Dolphin 5320 WH-22 370W Solar
22' Mighty Mover Trailer, 60W. Solar.
Sand Sprite 4. 2.3L EFI sand buggy
'91 Toyota 4X4 longbed Truck
2011 Black Lab "Lucy" for both of us :B

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
250 watts. I like to boon dock and have some luxuries too.