cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slippery shower floor

classctioga73
Explorer
Explorer
So i have one of those typical stand in showers that you can barely move in. My issue is that the floor of the shower is very slippery, just the other day one of my kids came barreling out because she slipped while inside. I know i could use those suction mats but I hate having to clean up from under those things. So my question is has anyone ever lightly sanded the shower floor and added some kind of water resistant epoxy with sand grit? or even some sand textured tape?
I am open to any ideas out there, please help
13 REPLIES 13

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Or, you could do as we do in our tiny unit (B+) and use the shower for storage and shower in the park facilities.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
SidecarFlip wrote:
bobndot wrote:
Amazon has a lot of them . "The House of Teak Shower Mat" $37. 19.75 x 19.75 x 1"

Actually, ours does double duty. We use it under the outside shower when we rinse off. Keeps your feet clean.

Yes, it came in handy to do that too.
It's also an ego booster for me using it in the shower because it makes me an inch taller while I'm singing like Garth Brooks. :B

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
bobndot wrote:
Amazon has a lot of them . "The House of Teak Shower Mat" $37. 19.75 x 19.75 x 1"

Actually, ours does double duty. We use it under the outside shower when we rinse off. Keeps your feet clean.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
A teak mat is much classier...
2015 Backpack SS1500

coolmom42
Explorer
Explorer
Dusty R wrote:
We use a suction mats in the shower in our S/B house. We hang/stick it to the shower wall after we get out of the shower. It stays fairly clean that way.

Right.

And when it needs cleaning, you can just put it in the washer on a gentle cycle and soak in hot water + bleach + detergent. Let it agitate a bit, stop the cycle and soak for up to 24 hours (3-4 is good) and then run it on through. I do this with the mat and and curtain.
Single empty-nester in Middle TN, sometimes with a friend or grandchild on board

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
shastagary wrote:
or just apply some of the many available non slip stickers to the shower floor Safety-Walk Shower Strips

Agree. Or go to Lowe's and pick up some shower grips that stick to the bottom of your shower and get some that are designed like pretty flowers or strips or stars or something like that period

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
ditto for the non slip stickers. ours are several years old and still function and look good.
another thing you can do is simply put down a towel to stand on.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

shastagary
Explorer
Explorer
or just apply some of the many available non slip stickers to the shower floor Safety-Walk Shower Strips

SidecarFlip
Explorer
Explorer
I got a teak insert from Bed Bath and Beyond. Had to cut it a bit too fit but works well plus my toilet is in there so the teak mat makes a nice place to put your feet. I dislike the slippery floor of the shower as well so I fixed it.

Another nice feature is, the teak mat spreads the weight out so there is no 'give' in the pan now, at all.
2015 Backpack SS1500

Dusty_R
Explorer
Explorer
We use a suction mats in the shower in our S/B house. We hang/stick it to the shower wall after we get out of the shower. It stays fairly clean that way.

4LeggedToyz
Explorer
Explorer
I applied Tub Grip Clear anti-slip bathtub coating by Grip-It (purchased from Amazon) and it is working well. Must follow exact instructions for application and cleaning.

MobileBasset
Explorer
Explorer
If cleaning a mat bothers you, wait until you see what happens to a sandpapered/epoxy covered shower floor. Just rinse and hang the mat to dry after each use.
MobileBasset
2014 Itasca Spirit 25B on Chevy Express 3500 chassis
Daisy and Hank the Basset Hounds