cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slight vibration on acceleration

fleetwoodflair1
Explorer
Explorer
i have a 1994 Fleetwood Flair class A 22ft, I'm noticing a slight vibration when accelerating when up to speed it seems fine, could it be transmission or u joints, I only has 56000 miles but a lot of years.would appreciate some ideas.........Thanks
8 REPLIES 8

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
Mine was on a car--a broken engine mount.

That can be a issue that causes vibration, but mounts are unlikely to break while parked. With helper EZ to check. 1 hold brake while apply power, forward then reverse. If mount is broke, can see engine moves.

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
Mine was on a car--a broken engine mount.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
What chassis is your Flair on Chev or Ford>
I would check the distributor mechanical advance.
Plug wires could be breaking down. Cylinders 7 and 8 on Chev 7.4 can be problematic.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have had issues with a truck that was parked for months, then put back in service. Just as soon as stop, hit driveline with greasegun.
And a weak wire or plug often (Coil pack on modern engine?) is first noticed as miss under load.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
2003silverado wrote:
My first guess and easiest to diagnose would be U-joints or a carrier bearing on the driveshaft. Usually longer vehicles have a carrier bearing to support the driveshaft.

silverado and I either think alike or have had the same problems.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Also, a plug wire starting to fail will cause a misfire while under acceleration, causing a vibration.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sounds like U joints. Also consider loose bolt on transmission or engine supports, I might find someone with a pit and have them check and tighten just to be sure.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

2003silverado
Explorer II
Explorer II
My first guess and easiest to diagnose would be U-joints or a carrier bearing on the driveshaft. Usually longer vehicles have a carrier bearing to support the driveshaft.