cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Battery

lostscout
Explorer
Explorer
2014 Winnebago Vista 26HE needs repacesment battery. Manuel does not state what model, etc. Need help.
10 REPLIES 10

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
MARK positive cable with RED paint or tape.. If more than one cable hooked to positive tape them all together.. Black for Negative side

Remove battery to battery store
They will match it.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

macjom
Explorer
Explorer
Got to autozone. They offer RV batteries and can give you recommendations.

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
lostscout wrote:
2014 Winnebago Vista 26HE needs repacesment battery. Manuel does not state what model, etc. Need help.

Regardless of OEM and whether chassis or house, I'd be replacing with the largest that will fit, without having any access problems.
Going the expense of AGM's for the house, is a real plus and for never needing water or emitting fumes, especially.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Dale_Traveling
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Ford Owners Manual on page 112 list the part number (BXT-65-750) for the battery. Specifically it is a Group 65 750 CCA battery.

For the house two deep-cycle Group 24 batteries were the original equipmentment per the sales brochure. Group 24 batteries are a bit on the low side regarding amp hour capacity. I would measure to see if two GC2 6VDC batteries will fit in the space provided.
2006 Hurricane 31D built on a 2006 Ford F53

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Chassis or House
Chassis: Remove it to an auto parts store or a "Battery Store" (I went to DEKA) and they will match it..
Specificitions you need to pay attation to are
Size (L-W-H) terminal arrangement (Top or side. plus on right or left) and cold cranking amps (You can go larger but I'd recommend not going smaller).

HOUSE batteries .. I very much favor pairs of GC-2 in series (Golf Car batteries) but.. You can do as above too. IN this case L-W-H, Terminal And as many AMP HOURS as you can get. but a caution on Amp Hours

Wal*Mart rates them at the 1 amp rate (how many hours at one amp draw) so a Group 24 pops over 100 AH.. but a Group 24 is at best 75AH at the C/20 rate..

Make sure you rank them at teh same standard (C/20 is best).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

DFord
Explorer
Explorer
lostscout, you didn't say if you're needing a chassis battery or house batteries. Assuming you're wanting a chassis battery, my advice to choose the biggest battery that will fit the battery holder with longest warranty. You can never have too much capacity or too long a warranty.

Batteries are expensive these days and I've been able to find a coupon at this site https://www.dealnews.com/s2750/Advance-Auto-Parts/ I place the order online using the coupon code and pick up the battery half hour later at the store. All I see right now are 20% off coupons but once in awhile they have one for a $40 savings on purchased over $100.
Don Ford
2004 Safari Trek 31SBD (F53/V10 20,500GVW)
'09 HHR 2LT or '97 Aerostar MiniVan (Remco driveshaft disconnect) for Towed vehicles
BlueOx Aventa II Towbar - ReadyBrake Inertia Brake System

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Just call Winnebago Customer Service and have the last 6 didgets of your Vin ready. They offer outstanding customer service and can give you the battery type and size, 1 800 537-1885
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
just drive it to wal mart have the biggest marine starting battery they have installed free.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
It would depend on what chassis. I am guessing it is on a Ford F-53. That would be what you would look up the battery for.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Fleet_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Any competent automotive parts store can tell you the type battery you have installed and recommend an appropriate replacement.
2007 Winnebago Journey 34H
Toad, '08 Ford Taurus X
Blue OX, Aventa
US Gear UBS