Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

robin williams

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
Robin Willliams found dead. What a loss
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide
43 REPLIES 43

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Jonathan Winters & Robin Williams on 60 Minutes
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
FrankShore wrote:
Jonathan Winters didn't commit suicide

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Winters

My bad. Someone told me today he did and I did not verify that before my post.
Boy the results today about Robin were sure sad. Hope his family finds the peace they need and remember only the good times.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

Boskie
Explorer
Explorer
A very funny man who lost his way. thanks for for memories..RIP.
Good Sam RV club member

Deano56
Explorer
Explorer
its too bad, but a lot of these funny actors are really struggling being happy inside.

11B
Explorer
Explorer
The mind is a terrible place to get lost in.
RIP Robin and thanks for all the laughs.

jolooote
Explorer
Explorer
Another 'Success' story from the wonderful world of 'The mind sciences'. If they can get a patient to talk to themselves aloud about their problems, for very long periods of time (years) sometimes, some patients may exhibit a sleight change in their mental state that some doctors could, maybe, kinda think is an improvement.
If that doesn't work...fill em full of mind altering DRUGS, the effects of which, are only a guess. This isn't much different from what the jungle 'Witch doctors' have done for 1000s of years. That ain't SCIENCE!
Joe & Charlotte

2020 Jayco Greyhawk Prestige 29MV Celestial Blue Full Body Paint E-450 305hp V10 6spd Class C 'COACH'

2012 Jeep Wrangler 285hp V6 'TOAD'

Gabby & Molly are Dogs
Leroy's a Conure, Loretta's a Squeaker

"Once it starts breakin'...GET RID OF IT!!!"

msmith1199
Explorer
Explorer
They say he has completed four movies that have not been released yet. Must have been one hard working guy.

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Perhaps he was only happy when performing.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

Daveinet
Explorer
Explorer
10forty2 wrote:
We all wear masks to cover our real selves....Robin's mask to cover his depression was his humor, which he willingly shared with us and which we all loved. I am very saddened by the news that broke yesterday and my heart goes out to his family and the millions of fans that found joy in his humor that covered his sadness. A lesson to us all...never take for granted that a person's outward appearance of strength is a true reflection of their inward stability.
X2

I have known someone who was depressed to the extent that it owned them. They have recovered, but one does not easily understand the depths that depression will control a person. The level of control is very similar to an addiction. (and often goes hand in hand with it)
IRV2

10forty2
Explorer
Explorer
We all wear masks to cover our real selves....Robin's mask to cover his depression was his humor, which he willingly shared with us and which we all loved. I am very saddened by the news that broke yesterday and my heart goes out to his family and the millions of fans that found joy in his humor that covered his sadness. A lesson to us all...never take for granted that a person's outward appearance of strength is a true reflection of their inward stability.
1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor, 36' Gasser
Triton V10, Ford F53 Chassis
-----------------------------------------

Dance_Chick
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
With his wealth he could have gotten completely away from Hollywood, or whatever it was that was depressing him..
Maybe, easy to armchair QB. Depression robs people of the will to do anything.

Or to make good rational decisions
Gene, Gayle, & Oliver (the dog)
2006 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PDQ/2012 Honda CRV toad
Blue Ox tow bar & base plate/Air Force One braking

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
With his wealth he could have gotten completely away from Hollywood, or whatever it was that was depressing him..
Maybe, easy to armchair QB. Depression robs people of the will to do anything.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
He found a permanent solution for a temporary problem. With his wealth he could have gotten completely away from Hollywood, or whatever it was that was depressing him. Most people cannot afford to escape what bothers them. What a waste.

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Asphixiation means he probably hung himself, or put a bag over his head. Terrible loss.

Mrs Doubtfire and GM Viet Nam.. classics.