cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

replacing bathroom fan

aksnowman
Explorer
Explorer
Been trying to install the replacement bathroom fan in my 2008 Beaver. The new fan is a domestic Fantastic fan Model FA 3350. The problem I have is with the 2 orange wires labels wall switch. I called Dometic this morning and had to wait an hour to talk to a nice lady that when we compared old fan model number with the new fan model number, she assured me it would work. I just needed to connect the RV's 2 orange wires with two wires on the dome switch. I am trying it but no luck. The fan operates with the power wires connected but no combination of connecting the two wires at the dome switch works, so the switch in the bathroom is not working. Anyone have experience with this that can help me out? Thanks...
AK Snowman
Eagle River AK
3 REPLIES 3

aksnowman
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for playing... we have a winner. The white and black are connected as before and the orange wires are are connected to the little orange wires in the dome switch. I did this with the female spade connectors on the RV's side orange wires and spliced in a second wire with a spade female connector. The Dome switch wires are very thin... smallest gage I have ever seen, so I connected the switch wires to the RV wires (both orange) with a 10 amp fuse (system is a 4 amp fused already) by sliding the female blade connectors on the blue of the fuse. then I wrapped them with electrical tape. I then plugged the spliced in wire to the Dome switch. So to robatthelake and Doug Rainer we thank you and as for parting gifts we leave you with actual knowledge... As for me, I will enjoy the operational fan.
AK Snowman
Eagle River AK

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
The WALL Switch wires are for the Fantastic supplied Tstat type wall switch. It is NOT for a 12 volt on and off wall switch. Doug

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you have bypassed the wall switch . You need to have it in line as the source of power to your fan.
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD