cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace DVD player 2004 National RV Tropical

dj928
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know how to remove the DVD player in a 2004 national RV tropical? I have unscrewed everything that I can but it does not come out. I also can't tell how the DVD player is attached to the Shelf. There's obviously a trick to this that I do not know. I don't know how to add pics. If someone can tell me I can send some. Thanks
2004 National RV Tropical T396 / 2007 Jeep Wrangler X Unlimited.
4 REPLIES 4

dj928
Explorer
Explorer
I've tried pulling it off the shelf but it won't budge. The shelf it's attached to has screws attaching it to the side but removing those doesn't get the shelf out. Not sure what the purpose of shelves are that can't be removed without removing the entire back paneling to the rear of the TV, speakers and electronics cabinet. If I crowbar it out, it will damage the shelf it sits on and there will be nothing for the new DVD player to sit on. Again if someone can tell me how to post pics, I'm happy to do so.
2004 National RV Tropical T396 / 2007 Jeep Wrangler X Unlimited.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Isn't it amazing how things have changed in 16 years? Industrial velcro was used in tons of applications but I don't know if that's true in your case. That said, if you're not going to keep the DVD player use a crowbar and yank it out. Then clean everything up and put in the new one. I'm changing out my 32" TV this week with a 40" flat screen. Losing about 50 pounds in the process and using only about 1/4 the number of wires......Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

gsander1
Explorer
Explorer
It's most likely held on with industrial Velcro. Just apply strong, steady pressure and it should release.
George in Birmingham, AL
03 Country Coach Magna

derouen6
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry can’t help with your problem. We no longer have our 2004 Tropi-Cal, but it was the best MH we ever had.