cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

refrigerator

timpitt
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a 2021 fleetwood bounder 33c can we drive with the refrigerator on? It is resdential samsung.
7 REPLIES 7

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
Yes. Inverter on. Alternator will maintain the batts.

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a 10 year old Whirlpool fridge in mine and it still runs fine. Even on the modified sine wave inverter provided by the manufacturer. The inverter draws 22amps when the inverter is running. About the same DC draw as the camper fridge that I had in the previous camper that was only about 1/3 the size. I haven't had any troubles but with it but if you have a smaller inverter you might need to beware of the defroster or ice maker doing there things.

SuperBus
Nomad
Nomad
Generally speaking, it shouldn't be an issue. I've never seen our full-size side by side pull more than a few amps. Even a smaller inverter should handle it easily (you'd want to do the math, just to be sure, I suppose).

MrWizard
Yes. I did just that for for 7yrs, won't hurt the 120v fridge
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, do it all the time with our 2016 Bounder. Inverter on, fridge on, drive on.

Make sure that you have something to keep the door closed. Is Fleetwood still using those stupid "Fidget spinners" for travel latches? About time the watermelon or the jar of sweet pickles flies out the door you'll understand.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
YES! No generator necessary. You will have an inverter to keep some number of circuits live when off power (including the fridge) and you will have an alternator capable or keeping the batteries charged while you drive. No worries.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Depends on many things
1: Do you plan to run the generator as you drive (if so yes)
And if you have an inverter then:
2: How much battery and how far (That's a math quiz but possibly)
3: how big is the alternator (The bigger the better)
4: And the size and wires connecting the alternator to the house batteries when the engine is running (Also bigger = better)
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times