cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear TV removal

Transformer_Cam
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2007 Fleetwood Southwind and the bedroom tv has stopped working. I'm trying to remove and replaced it with a new tv, but I cannot figure out how to remove it. I do not see any screws or a release. Does anyone know how to remove it? Can it be removed without distroying the cabinet modeling?
7 REPLIES 7

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
ppine wrote:
Removing a rear tv, a front tv and any other tvs is a great idea.

It is, as long as you replace them with bigger, better TV's! :W
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Removing a rear tv, a front tv and any other tvs is a great idea.

sehunter
Explorer
Explorer
That cabinet is just like mine and I replaced it with 26" LED TV's. There was screws inside the cabinet facing with L brackets into the sidewall.
Stan
2008 Bounder
38P, W24, 8.1L, 3 Slides
2019 tow dolly hydraulic brakes

MrWizard
i wonder, if there are drawers under that TV
and screws/bolts coming up through the bottom into base

is the bathroom cabinets on the other side of that wall ?
a closet ?

there is something somewhere holding it, and it had to be installed
so there is away to remove it,
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Transformer_Cam
Explorer
Explorer

https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/fleetwood2007_sw_b.pdf

See pic on page 6 -"optional LCD tv" - pic on the left.

There's no straps. Appears to only be attached to the base, but no room to get hands or arms behind. Using a mirror to see behind, there doesn't appear to be anything to unscrew in the back. Don't want to pull the moldings on the front unless that's the only option. And don't want to pull the molding and that's not the solve.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œNot something most people do these days of 'toss everything and buy new'...โ€

When you can get a smart 32 inch LED TV for a hundred bucks, why repair?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
There's just soooooo many different RV styles that many would benefit from a picture if you can manage it. Might get quicker help.

Here's the brochure and it seems as though it came with a Tube type TV? Is yours that type? If so, those are usually held in with the wooden surround on the front of the cabinet, held by a couple wood screws. Take that off, you can see the sides of the TV. Then the TV itself can be held with a nylon ratcheting strap. When I find one like that, I just use scissors to cut the strap.

Those TVs are almost always held in in such a way at they aren't damaged by the brackets and what not, so they can be removed for repair. Not something most people do these days of 'toss everything and buy new' but they set it up for that.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.