cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear ladder replacement

bleeder_guy
Explorer
Explorer
I'm in need of a new/used rear ladder for my 2008 Damon Astoria. Any ideas?
Beau, Ninon and "The 6 Samoyeds"

Amateur Radio "N1MJD" monitoring 146.520
2008 Damon Astoria 3772
5 REPLIES 5

CharlesinGA
Explorer
Explorer
I remember a Youtube vid of Nomadic Fanatic going thru a RV salvage yard. Don't recall where and didn't watch the whole vid, but I do recall stacks of ladders. They probably don't bother to tag what they came off of however, which makes it all the more difficult to find one that works.

Charles
'03 Ram 2500 CTD, 5.9HO six speed, PacBrake Exh Brake, std cab, long bed, Leer top and 2008 Bigfoot 25B21RB.. previously (both gone) 2008 Thor/Dutchman Freedom Spirit 180 & 2007 Winnebago View 23H Motorhome.

liborko
Explorer
Explorer
Try this place for parts:

RV ladder parts

liborko
Explorer
Explorer
I had same problem two years ago.I completely rebuilt original ladder with parts from some outfit back east the name I don't remember. They have everything you may need. I used only stainless steel screws. Biggest problem were star nuts inside the tubes. The ones they supplied had actually better corrosion protection than original nuts that were completely rusted.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes on something like this you have to go with OEM. There are specific mount points for the ladder in the framing that needs to line up.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

blangen
Explorer
Explorer
When I bought my 2004 Damon Escaper 4194 about five years ago and it didn't have the factory ladder on it, I called Thor (Thor bought Damon) and they supplied (through a dealer) the OEM ladder. It wasn't cheap. It is the two-piece ladder with the upper half mounted and the lower half hangs off the bottom of the mounted. As I said, not cheap but I also didn't have to be concerned with the blocking not being in the right place. I believe it was about $600... $300 per section.