cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Power Gear leveler hoses

brianseay1
Explorer
Explorer
Where is the best place to get the hydraulic hoses for the power gear leveler system. I have four on mine that have major bubbles in them. All of them are the bottom hoses. The top hoses look brand new. Does anyone know what type of fittings are on them ? I know they are a straight fitting. Iโ€™m not very familiar with hydraulic lines. The local shop wants $1600 to make just four lines and fittings. And thatโ€™s not installation. Have found the hose on eBay just not sure which fittings to get. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Brian & Neena & B.G.
B.G. 2014 Goldendoodle
2007 Coachmen Cross Country 389DS
300 HP Cummins Turbo Charged
03 Sahara Jeep Wrangler & 05 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
2014 800 RZR4
Roll Tide Roll
7 REPLIES 7

brianseay1
Explorer
Explorer
Just to update on this. I wound up just buying the new hose, fittings and crimper to make my own hoses. Cost me $418.00 for everything I need. A lot cheaper than any of the estimates I was getting around here to make the hoses.Thanks for everyones input, it was greatly appreciated.
Brian & Neena & B.G.
B.G. 2014 Goldendoodle
2007 Coachmen Cross Country 389DS
300 HP Cummins Turbo Charged
03 Sahara Jeep Wrangler & 05 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
2014 800 RZR4
Roll Tide Roll

ernie1
Explorer
Explorer
Your local shop is ripping you off. I had 4 hydraulic hoses of varying lengths, 3/8 diameters made at a local hydraulic shop for about $150. Of course I took them off myself and presented them to the shop and reinstalled them myself. That's what I recommend you do.

Bruce_Brown
Part of my job before I retired was selling hydraulic stuff to shops. To some it was literally a license to steal. Shop around.

On a side note, even for my own stuff, sometimes it was cheaper to buy premade hoses at Tractor Supply or Runnings than it was to buy them through myself. Those premade hoses normally have NPT ends, so you may need to buy ends as well, which they should also have.
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

diplomatdon
Explorer
Explorer
Take them to a shop that works on hydraulics and they can make them for you. Ask your local NAPA and they can point you to a shop. Good luck, Don

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Very excessive cost. I had 8 hydraulic hoses including installation replaced for less a few years ago. Buy a hose crimper and do it yourself. Use the old hose to pull a rope for replacement of then new hose. Any decent hydraulic shop will have all of the needed hose and fittings. With the old hose they can make the new hose for you.

Note: Hydraulic pressure can be very high (like 2500 psi), buy quality hose and crimper.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
You need a tow truck.. Well not the truck but the person at the towing company that orders their custom made replacement hoses.

Same hose. Fittings may be different but odds are the custom hose shop.. has them as they are standard.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Brian,
That price is real high unless the hoses are really long. Without the length, one can only guess.
If you can locate a local Areoquip dealer, he can sell you both proper hose and reusable fittings that you can assemble yourself. And, If you buy those and hose goes bad again, all you will need is the rubber hose by the correct number.
Matt_C
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.