cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Places to service Onan 5500 Genrator

dotcommer
Explorer
Explorer
I was wondering if there are any other places to get service on Onan 5500 generator besides an RV service center.

We are getting ready to head down to Washington DC from Connecticut, tomorrow and I would like to get the oil and fuel filter changed.
4 REPLIES 4

dotcommer wrote:
I was wondering if there are any other places to get service on Onan 5500 generator besides an RV service center.

We are getting ready to head down to Washington DC from Connecticut, tomorrow and I would like to get the oil and fuel filter changed.

There is a Cummins/Onan Service Center in Bristol,PA right off 95, and the PA turnpike.. Easy to get to... call them for an appointment.. BUT I think they may have a longer lead time for appointments? They are about 35 minutes north of Philly... Depending on which way you go, you will pass them

Cummins of Bristol
Me-Her-the kids
2020 Ford F350 SD 6.7
2020 Redwood 3991RD Garnet

ksg5000
Explorer
Explorer
I used to get my Onan tuned up at big rig truck dealership - many big rigs have reefers and they are well qualified to do work on generators.
You might want to check YouTube - changing oil/filter on Onan is an easy DIY task.
Kevin

phil-t
Explorer
Explorer
Oil and filter - not a difficult task. Check for mobile mechanics in your area. Safest, likely the most expensive option is a Cummins Service Center. They will do a complete service and system check. Likely the only ones with the cummins test equipment to do the through service.

Your choice, I do my own oil, filter, fuel filter changes.
2014 Allegro 36LA

ArchHoagland
Explorer
Explorer
CUMMINS SERVICE CENTERS

They are built by Cummins.

How many hours do you have on your generator since the last oil and filter change?
2004 Monaco La Palma 36DBD
Workhorse W22 8.1 Gas Allison 1000, 7.1 mpg

2000 LEXUS RX300 FWD 22MPG 4020 LBS
US Gear Brakes