cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pace Arrow 36 D

Speedy921
Explorer
Explorer
Hi there everyone. I haven't been here in about 7 years. Got rid of the RV and bought an airplane. Now due to changes in FAA health requirements I've sold the plane and looking to get back into RV.

I'm looking at a 2007 Pace Arrow 36D. Love that floor plan. It has the Chevy engine on a workhorse chassis. Just under 45000 miles and super clean.

Good coach ? Things to look for ?

Thanks.

Matt
11 REPLIES 11

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
Check the roof/front cap joint for any issues. I've seen several that separated and peeled back or leaked.

Speedy921
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input. This has the W-24 chassis. I know it's the higher end of the Fleetwood gassers. It also has the Banks System and a upgraded leveling system. It's in great condition and has been kept indoors when not on the road. The dealer also put me in touch with previous owner.

Again thank you all for your opinion. I'll have more questions I'm sure.

FAA basic medical is what I have however I was recently diagnosed with mild diabetes and the medication that I'm taking is banned by the FAA.

GeeWillakers
Explorer
Explorer
See if the chassis is W22 or W24. The 2007 36D came with either. There were no brake issues with the latter heavier and more expensive option.
2007 Triple-E Commander A3202FB W22 8.1 6spd Banks Power
2014 Jeep Wrangler JK toad, a Bug and a Frenchie

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
Jim@HiTek wrote:
How many months per year are you going to spend in it? If more than two, look for a better RV. The Pace Arrow is the low end of Fleetwood's products.

Wrong,The Pace Arrow was one of the higher end gas coaches ever built. Everything that was optioned on the Bounder and Southwind, was standard on the Pace. Solid surface counter tops, residential fixtures and wood and glass sliding doors were standard.
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
Check the brakes to be sure the recall work has been done. Serious brake issue on those coaches.
https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/acms/cs/jaxrs/download/doc/ACM11872580/RCONL-09V225-8575.pdf

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
You couldn't fly under basic med?
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
Pecking order is Flair, Bounder, South Wind, Pace Arrow for gassers.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

allbrandauto
Explorer
Explorer
no the pace arrow is the high end of the Fleetwood gassers I have a 2007 Fleetwood bounder with 49000 miles on same workhorse chassis 8.1 Alison 6 speed nice set up minor things gone wrong on chassis would buy another one

Jim
Explorer
Explorer
How many months per year are you going to spend in it? If more than two, look for a better RV. The Pace Arrow is the low end of Fleetwood's products.
Jim@HiTek
Have shop, will travel!
Visit my travel & RV repair blog site. Subscribe for emailed updates.
Winnebago Journey, '02
Cat 330HP Diesel, 36.5', two slides.

wildmanbaker
Explorer
Explorer
Speedy, get under the MH and look, feel, and shake everything you can, just like buying a used car. As questions about everything. Since you had an RV, you know how thing should work, use everything at least 2 times. Look for hidden problems, just like a house. The Fleetwood line has pretty good quality and build. If it were to our liking, I would not be afraid.
Good luck.
Wildmanbaker

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I've always leaned to Ford products but the Workhorse W chassis is an excellent MH chassis. The 8.1 Chevy engine has proven strong and reliable and the Allison transmission is the best. When Workhorse was still building MH chassis, they was not very customer oriented. The aftermarket has picked up some of the slack and there is a lot of support at Oemys Performance.
Fleetwood's Pace Arrow has always been a nice coach.
If well maintain, I thing you are looking at a nice coach.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson