cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Opinions of this coach.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Friends are shopping, what are your opinions of this coach, Equipment. price ? gotcha's ?
Monaco Executive
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
34 REPLIES 34

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mr.Mark wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
They were asking $91,500 in an early ad. The price has been steadily going down since. 2001 Monaco

It is unfortunate that even with a nice coach like this, if you want to sell it you practically have to give it away. On this coach the average yearly depreciation was over $22,000. The depreciation alone cost over $4.50 per mile, not counting fuel, maintenance, insurance, and any other expenses they encountered in 14 years of travel and 67,700 miles.

Yeah, but the enjoyment has no price attached. :B

MM.

Exactly! We have made trips to different places in the world that all costs were 100% gone. You recoup nothing from an airline ticket or hotel bill. The memories are priceless.

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
That number is also list as a SCAM number.

listed where?

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
They were asking $91,500 in an early ad. The price has been steadily going down since. 2001 Monaco

It is unfortunate that even with a nice coach like this, if you want to sell it you practically have to give it away. On this coach the average yearly depreciation was over $22,000. The depreciation alone cost over $4.50 per mile, not counting fuel, maintenance, insurance, and any other expenses they encountered in 14 years of travel and 67,700 miles.

Yeah, but the enjoyment has no price attached. :B

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ivylog wrote:
I do not see anything strange about the pictures... yes a 14 year old Monaco can look that good. I do not have a problem with the ad referenced in the first post... he gives a phone number and a location... most scammers do not. The wording of the ad did not raise any red flags, so I called him. Yes he has it advertised in ten different cities. He speaks American English and I could hear his wife in the background. It has Hankook tires. He knew the correct answers to several other questions. It's not too good to be true.
His number is 907-398-4523 in AK

That number is also list as a SCAM number.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I do not see anything strange about the pictures... yes a 14 year old Monaco can look that good. I do not have a problem with the ad referenced in the first post... he gives a phone number and a location... most scammers do not. The wording of the ad did not raise any red flags, so I called him. Yes he has it advertised in ten different cities. He speaks American English and I could hear his wife in the background. It has Hankook tires. He knew the correct answers to several other questions. It's not too good to be true.
His number is 907-398-4523 in AK
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
I do not have a MH and have never owned one, and probably will never have one. BUT! I looked at the photos and for a 2001 model (of anything), this just doesn't look right to me. I think the photos were taken when the camper was brand new. Why is there plastic (factory installed) on the carpet? Hum?

If it really is in that great a shape, I think this would be a fantasic find. BUT ... I STRONGLY advise you see it personally before blindly falling in love with it!

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would certainly look into a bit more if I were looking. The price is probably fair but not low enough to ring by spam button.

The Executive is a top notch coach and all the verbiage sounds good.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

GMandJM
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
Scam 511-844-3272 Lima Peru

Too good to be true? Dang!
G-half can always find a way to do things upside-down, inside-out or backward.
It's his Super Power!

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:

This listing is on many Craig's list area pages. That's pretty common.

But of course do your due diligence. No money until the unit is identified, and the seller verified as the legal owner.

2bzy2c
Explorer
Explorer
The phone number listed is from Alaska. The RV is in Arizona.
If this is a scam, it is a good one. The description is written by someone who knows RV's.

I am feeling it is legit.
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Make sure where the coach is. This listing for the coach says it is in Minnesota: Monaco 42PLS

It appears that the noted listing isn't sure where the coach actually is. It states both Henderson NV and Minneapolis!
Interesting, to say the least!
Nice coach, by the way, and probably a good price, but about 6 feet too long for my tastes.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think it's funny he obscured his license plate but posted the VIN number....:S:S......:B....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Make sure where the coach is. This listing for the coach says it is in Minnesota: Monaco 42PLS