cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

oil filter CAT 330 3126B motor

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new to us MH and can't get the oil filter loose to remove it. I even tried a strap with a big breaker bar and broke the strap in half...HELP!
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992
9 REPLIES 9

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
This is the best oil filter "wrench" http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wmr-w54056?seid=srese1&gclid=COOnpcXl97sCFWZyQgodRyUADw

They come in different sizes so get one for your Cat and then one for your generator.

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I had to use a pipe wrench on a 3406 CAT once. I was mad enough to spit out the dummy!
Dummy A small nipple shaped device used to shut up a squalling kid. If he's mad enough to spit one out..........

stuplich
Explorer
Explorer
lj2654 wrote:
I have a new to us MH and can't get the oil filter loose to remove it. I even tried a strap with a big breaker bar and broke the strap in half...HELP!

lj2654
Try one of these: http://www.harborfreight.com/20-in-professional-groove-joint-pliers-60537.html.....($22.49 w/ "25% off" coupon).

The last time I changed oil I found that SpeedCo had overtightened the oil filter .... to the point that even the "big screwdriver" trick failed!

Mel
'96 Safari, 3126 Cat

keepingthelight
Explorer
Explorer
lj2654 wrote:

If you are in the process of draining the oil, you may want to remove the drain plug and punch a hole in the bottom of the filter and let the oil drain out. This may relieve pressure and allow you to undue the filter easier (with a new tool of course).

Good luck;)
05 Tiffin Phaeton 40 QDH w/4 slides
CAT C7 350+ HP MP-8, Aero Muffler, AFE Filter
06 HHR LT Toad
Ready Brute Elite

tinkerer
Explorer
Explorer
I use a large channel lock:W

I_rv
Explorer
Explorer
parts store has a metal filter wrench made for large truck filters,i know what your going through been there done that.

ole_trucker
Explorer
Explorer
You could go to Napa and buy a regular filter wrench, or I have used large pair of channel lock pliers from time to time. On my Endeavor w/that engine there was enough room for them. Good Luck!

badboy368
Explorer
Explorer
might be too late now, but i have found that if the engine is warm and up to temp. they come off a little easier...:h
40' pusher,350 turbo cat, pullin a 37' trailer haulin a drag car. oh yea baby

smlranger
Explorer
Explorer
My last ditch effort to remove stubborn oil filters is to punch a hole through them with a big screwdriver and twist them off.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 384GK 5th wheel. Glen Allen, VA