cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Norcold temp sensor

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
Made a post in RV sales, making a new post for this question.
Been getting the new RV ready for our first trip, and noticed the fridge was not as cold as it should be and the Green light is flashing. The owners manual says the code (1 flash every 3 seconds) means the temp sensor failed, tried on gas same thing. Found what looks like a temp sensor clipped on the cooling fins in fridge, Is this it? it has plastic wire connector on it made sure it was pushed together all the way so the wires are making a good connection, turned the fridge back on electric, and so far its not blinking anymore.
Any thoughts or suggestions? is this the temp sensor?
2 REPLIES 2

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
YES..........

It is called a 'thermistor'

It senses the fin temp in food section for the thermostat

Thermostat then controls the 'cooling cycle' as needed to cool/maintain food compartment temps 36-40*F (freezer temp happens as it is 1st in cooling cycle....food compartment temp is what is sensed and controlled)

Green Light ON (no Flashing) then fridge should be functioning properly.
Takes SEVERAL hours to actually cool down (12 hrs for SAFE temps in food section)

Thanks Old Biscuit. It has been running for a couple of hours now with no flashing Green Light and temp is coming back down, its below 40* in fridge now. At least I know where to look next time if it happens again, loose plug connection this time, but if it does go out I know which part to replace. I prefer to fix things myself than taking them in. Unless its an expensive warranty item, heck even then after talking to Thor yesterday and fixing my Rapid Camp wireless control, he said to call him (he emailed me his name and contact number)that he would warranty the part and send it to me if I wanted to do it myself. He sent me all sorts of wiring diagrams, plumbing diagrams and some other PDF files so I could take care of problems so I wouldn't have to leave it at the RV dealership for months on end. Did all the work on the other motor home, these things are not that hard to work on, especially with the internet and Google search.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
YES..........

It is called a 'thermistor'

It senses the fin temp in food section for the thermostat

Thermostat then controls the 'cooling cycle' as needed to cool/maintain food compartment temps 36-40*F (freezer temp happens as it is 1st in cooling cycle....food compartment temp is what is sensed and controlled)

Green Light ON (no Flashing) then fridge should be functioning properly.
Takes SEVERAL hours to actually cool down (12 hrs for SAFE temps in food section)
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31