cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

norcold fridge problem

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
Our new RV 2016 Thor 31L. On our latest trip was gone for 11 days, half way through the trip noticed the green light on the fridge flashing. Looked it up in the owners manual (1 flash every 3 seconds) says the temp sensor has failed. Is there anything else it could be? Or just purchase a new one and replace it. See them online for $20
9 REPLIES 9

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
kwplot34 wrote:
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Did you check that thermistor/lamp assembly is plugged in and that contacts are clean tight?

Is thermistor properly attached to 10th FIN ?

With thermistor failure you can regulate/control fridge temps by changing temp set point Up (colder) or Down (less cold)
Moving temp set point regulates the 'length of cooling cycle' vs cyclic control based on temps

2016 model....even brand new stuff can fail

Yes things do fail, even new items. I did unplug the connector and plug it back in, no change, moved the sensor down the cooling fin, no change.

Moving thermistor doesn't affect that model of fridge

Changing the Temp Set Point will allow you to control fridge temps when in BOS
Food section too cold......lower the temp set point
Food section not cold enough.....raise the temp set point
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Did you check that thermistor/lamp assembly is plugged in and that contacts are clean tight?

With thermistor failure you can regulate/control fridge temps by changing temp set point Up (colder) or Down (less cold)
Moving temp set point regulates the 'length of cooling cycle' vs cyclic control based on temps

Yes things do fail, even new items. I did unplug the connector and plug it back in, no change, moved the sensor down the cooling fin, no change.

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
hone eagle wrote:
Before we replaced our nor cold with a residential unit ,I had to periodically reset that 'safety' device, if its the same unit pass a strong magnet over it you will maybe hear a clic if the light goes out it should be reset.
good luck

That is NOT the OPs issue

Error Code is about fridge operating on 'BOS' (Backup Operating System---Thermistor Circuit)

Recall Module tripping shutdowns ALL DC therefore NO cooling period

Correct. Mine is still cooling, would have to turn it off for several hours because it was cooling to well. Better than not cooling at all.

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
Called Norcold today, they were no help at all. Called Thor, they are sending me a new temp sensor, will install it myself.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
hone eagle wrote:
Before we replaced our nor cold with a residential unit ,I had to periodically reset that 'safety' device, if its the same unit pass a strong magnet over it you will maybe hear a clic if the light goes out it should be reset.
good luck

That is NOT the OPs issue

Error Code is about fridge operating on 'BOS' (Backup Operating System---Thermistor Circuit)

Recall Module tripping shutdowns ALL DC therefore NO cooling period

hone_eagle
Explorer
Explorer
good luck
2005 Volvo 670 singled freedomline 12 speed
Newmar 34rsks 2008
Hensley trailersaver TSLB2H
directlink brake controller

-when overkill is cheaper-

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II

kwplot34
Explorer
Explorer
It is still under warranty. I don't want to take in to a dealership if I don't have to, I would rather fix it myself.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
I would call Norcold if still under warranty- they might send the part or refer you to a service center