cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

No water out of hot spigot

hottub
Explorer
Explorer
Took shower no problem. Went to use hot water in sink no water at all anywhere in coach. Cold side fine nothing on hot side. Flushed water heater w no luck.
2011 winnebago 35f
Not sure what to try next, thanks for any help.
4 REPLIES 4

hottub
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone, the next day it started to run real slow and by the next day back to normal.Something got in lost likely came loose from hot water heater and eventually worked thru line.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
There are 3 different water heater winterization systems
1 2 and 3 valve
1 always has a check valve on the outlet. This is because the Bypass valve is a 3-way it either sends cold into the tank at the bottom or it sends it up to a "T" in the hot line and you need a check valve to keep it from flowing in the out port on the water heater.

2 and 3 valve systems do not need a check vavle.. but... well... if we install a 2 dollar valve we can add 10 bucks to the selling price so....

And that valve can "lime up" Good luck removing it if that's the problem

note you do not need it if you do not have water in your lines in the winter.

Or you can install a quarter turn valve and make your one valve into a two valve.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

br549
Explorer
Explorer
Likely the backflow valve located inline off the water heater. I have replaced mine twice. It may be made if plastic or brass, I have seen both. Easy fix if you can get to it. I have found that the retainer used to keep the valve open wears out and releases resulting in the valve closing and thus no hot water can pass to the faucets.
Gerry & Louise
2007 Tiffin Phaeton 36 QSH
2018 Ford Edge Titanium

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Did you winterize your coach? You might have the diverter valve turned off?