cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie needs HELP please!

AAV8R
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone. Considering buying an RV in the next year....I need help! Ive looked at the Trend/Viva but I think they're kinda pricey when you compare them to the standard class c's like the Minnie Winnie which is what we're considering now. Looking at the 22R. Its just my wife and I and one kiddo who's 10 now. Thanks in advance!

Also, we're wondering what you Minnie Drivers (hey that's and actress!)
are getting fuel-economy wise. Thanks.
8 REPLIES 8

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
As for the Trend/Viva motor homes, I don't believe a GVWR of 9,350#, is anywhere near adequate for a 24' RV.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect

AAV8R
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks I'll check it out. Don't think it'll fit in our driveway though....

mr61impala
Explorer
Explorer
We too have been looking at those type RVs, check out the Minnie Winnie 25B, a bit longer and quite a bit more wheelbase for not much more money.
Shopping for Travel Trailer

AAV8R
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! I'm looking at mainly Jayco and Winnie now mainly due to the fact that the dealers are within 20 miles of us for service/warranty work. Any opinions as to which is the better choice? I like the 2-year warranty on the Jayco.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
With a short Class C you get a little easier parking in malls etc., except for the height and width which is about the same regardless of length. With a 27 foot or longer you can get a rear bedroom with RV Queen sized bed plus overhead bed for kids and usually a convertible dinette or jackknife couch that converts to a bed. Adults with any knee or foot problems quickly tire of climbing up and down a ladder in the dark and trying not to awaken their spouse. 27 footers and longer have a lot more cargo and cabinet space which is good with kids stuff and, etc. Rehearse sleeping, going to the bathroom, showering, cooking, etc., when looking at various lengths and floor plans. A 27footer handles almost the same as a 22-24 footer. Is your driveway long enough? Slides are nice if they don't block access to things when retracted, they add weight and potential for mechanical and water leak problems. Don't be overawed by a 27 footer vs a short Class C that is 3 feet longer.

AAV8R
Explorer
Explorer
Good advice. Thanks guys!

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Search this Forum for the make/model you are interested in. Visit local campgrounds during the next year and talk to Class C owners about what they DON'T like about their rig. Otherwise, they'll always try to convince you what they bought is right for you.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

the_bear_II
Explorer
Explorer
The trend viva is a new version of Class C so it's in the early stages of product life cycle. Popular style right now.

The Minnie Winnie is in the later stages so it's already covered development costs and popularity is less.

Price reflects what the market will bear.