cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

National Interstate & Safeco

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
Was just notified that National Interstate is leaving the personal lines ins. market which includes my RV. They are switching everyone to Safeco Ins. Was wondering if anyone has any pros or cons ?

Thanks
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. ๐Ÿ˜‰
10 REPLIES 10

Bird_Freak
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have repaired a few cars with Safeco. They were always fair with us and paid well.
Eddie
03 Fleetwood Pride, 36-5L
04 Ford F-250 Superduty
15K Pullrite Superglide
Old coach 04 Pace Arrow 37C with brakes sometimes.
Owner- The Toy Shop-
Auto Restoration and Customs 32 years. Retired by a stroke!
We love 56 T-Birds

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
Nutinelse2do wrote:
SPRING STREET wrote:
Was just notified that National Interstate is leaving the personal lines ins. market which includes my RV. They are switching everyone to Safeco Ins. Was wondering if anyone has any pros or cons ?

Thanks

Clarification please....National Interstate or National General? I was quoted a supplemental policy from Safeco through National General, which is why Iโ€™m asking. Please advise. Thanks!

National Interstate !
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. ๐Ÿ˜‰

TugCE
Explorer
Explorer
My Fifth Wheel was damaged by Hurricane Irma. A hatch cover on the roof blew off and caused a flood in the Galley / Living Room area.

The adjuster and everyone that I dealt with at Safeco were really great to deal with and I would highly recommend them . They ended up Totalling is due to Mold as all of the heating ducts were flooded.

This RV looked like nothing ever happened and if it was not for the pictures that I took, I'm not sure if I would have believed it. The Adjuster that was sent out had RV experience and knew where to look and what questions to ask.

Our Class A is also Insured with them and will stay that way.
I am a Retired U.S. Merchant Marine Chief Engineer
05 Chevy 2500 4x4 D/A with Helper Springs and Air Ride Air Bags
(06 R-Vision RW3360 Fifth Wheel Toy Hauler) - Totaled by Irma 2017
97 FLTCI converted into a Roadsmith Trike by The Trike Shop of Daytona

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
I have Safeco for everything; home, car, RV, you name it. 11 years ago, I lost everything in a wildland fire. Scorched earth; nothing was left. Safeco was my ally, never an advisory. They helped me find money in my policy I never knew was there. Seriously, my own father couldn't have done better if he owned the company!
Here in California you can only get Safeco through an insurance broker. Sure glad I had them when we needed them!

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
We had National Interstate and was issued a new policy with Safeco. National Interstate is getting out of the 'bus' market.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
My broker would not write a Safeco policy because of them not having solid numbers at the time my NI policy ran out. I went with National General.

Thing about insurance, everyone says their company is great. Then you have a huge claim and they forget who you are.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
SPRING STREET wrote:

Thanks

Clarification please....National Interstate or National General? I was quoted a supplemental policy from Safeco through National General, which is why Iโ€™m asking. Please advise. Thanks!
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

dalenoel
Explorer II
Explorer II
Had Safeco when they were still in MI and never had any problems dealing with them. They also had the best price. Then one year they up and left the state so now I'm with Hanover and they also have been good. They have S&B, cars, and MH.
03 Monaco Neptune 36PBD DP - 18 Focus Toad
Wife, myself, and Oreo the Malshi

SusanDallas
Explorer
Explorer
I have Safeco and am extremely happy with them. I am not familiar with the other insurance company you mentioned. I had been with State Farm for over 30 years but State Farm kept raising my rates for no reason. I got more coverage on my travel trailer and minivan for a lot less money than what I was paying State Farm.

Mandalay_Parr
Explorer
Explorer
My MH was switched over but my car still is with National till policy end.
So far so good.
Jerry Parr
Full-time
2005 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350, 4 Slides
Blue Ox, Brake Buddy
2004 CR-V Toad
jrparr@att.net
602-321-8141
K7OU - Amateur Radio
Kenwood Radios
ARRL, W5YI, & LARC VE