cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Myrtle Beach Reccomendations

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
First let me preface by saying I did do a search but I just couldn't glean exactly what I was looking for. So - Thinking of heading to Myrtle Beach over Thanksgiving break. First - is this feasible being a major holiday? Second - never been there let alone camping. I know there are quite a few CG's but I would prefer something nice. Many look like parking lots. Doesn't have to be on the beach but that's a nice to have. Doesn't have to be a resort either but decent sites. Thinking of heading out Friday before, 21st and back Wed 26th. Major travel days I know. Just looking for warmer beach getaway within a day's drive from Md.
2013 ACE 29.2
24 REPLIES 24

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
You have gotten several suggestions, but no one has mentioned the BEST of The Beach. Easy to get to. Close to shopping and EATING.
Myrtle Beach Travel Park
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

hipower
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed for several days at the KOA a while back just prior to Thanksgiving and found it very nice. Quiet and yet close to anything that MB has available that time of year.

The interior roads were a little tight for a 40 ft. coach and toad, but nothing overly difficult.

Pass42
Explorer
Explorer
We've stayed 5 years at Oceanlakes Campground... right on the beach, easy access at the end of Rt 544.....clean, beautiful, usually voted a top campground in the US......we have visited Huntington Beach state Park, never stayed at the campground, although on a drive thru it looks very nice... and it is not far south of Murrels Inlet, Surfside, Garden City & Myrtle Beach
2017 Montana High Country 375FL
2015 Ram 2500 Heavy Duty, Cummins 6.7, factory tow package, factory snow plow prep package

Monaco_Montclai
Explorer
Explorer
We stay at apache ,bout ten or so years now, and going back still,now it's all happy-camping

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
We always wanted to stay at the Myrtle Beach State Park or the Huntington Beach State Park but since I have a sister who lives at the LAKEWOOD RESORTS this is where we always end up haha.. I like the idea of camping real close to the beach but would rather be sitting back into the woods abit so to speak to keep away from the beach walkers etc... Have been back to Huntington Beach several times looking around and that would be my choice...

There is bunch of camp sites on the South end of town and all close to good eating and shopping places...

Lakewood is great as well where you can hookup your camper or stay in cabins on the inner lakes... We usually tow our POPUP trailer and park at one of the cabins and then on the way back home always go through Gatlinburg TN and camp out there... Get to see both worlds Beach and mtns...

If you gots little kids PirateLand which is next door to LAKEWOOD is a great camp ground for kids with the Pirate scenes on their inner Lakes......

We always enjoy our Myrtle Beach trips even when it is BIKER WEEK... We are big time PEOPLE WATCHERS most everywhere we go...

If you are driving your big rig from the North go past Dillon SC on 95 to exit 38 and cross over 301 and pick up 501 and 544 which takes you right to Lakewood at US17 Bypass where alot of the campgrounds are located south of Myrtle Beach. Follow the hugh LAKEWOOD RESORT signs along the way in... Road is big rig friendly...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Rolling_Condo
Explorer
Explorer
I've spent the past two and plan on making this the third year of spending Thanksgiving at Lakewood. No crowds like in the heart of summer. They have a big potluck on Thanksgiving with them providing turkey and ham.
'90 GMC R2500 7.4L w/ Gear Vendor OD
'90 Avion 34V
Cummins Onan P4300ie
Pro Pride 3P
Prodigy

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
A big second on Willow Tree, One of the biggest nicest parks around...

VintageRacer
Explorer
Explorer
I've stayed at the KOA and thought it was quite excellent, only stayed one night in December so it was pretty quiet. I usually stay at the Huntington Beach State Park just south of town, open spaces and fairly quiet, suits us better than a crowded place. with the number of times I've mentioned "quiet" you'll get that I wouldn't be anywhere near Myrtle Beach on the Thanksgiving weekend...

Brian
2005 F250 Supercab, Powerstroke, 5 speed automatic, 3.73 gears.
20 ft race car hauler, Lola T440 Formula Ford, NTM MK4 Sports Racer
1980 MCI MC-5C highway coach conversion
2004 Travelhawk 8' Truck Camper

parker21
Explorer
Explorer
Willow Tree RV resort in Longs, SC. We stay here and get a rental car from Enterprise delivered to us. Only minutes from N. Myrtle and everything that goes with it, yet quiet. I think it is better than Ft. Wilderness in Disney World. www.willowtreervr.com

ole_trucker
Explorer
Explorer
I always like the KOA, 2 blocks from the beach, restaurants close by and real nice sites with trees! Have fun!