cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motorhome with TV down

grampachet
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking for a motor home with the television down, not above the windshield. Any suggestions?
2004 F-250 KIngRanch,CC,SB,SRW,4x4,V-10,3.73
2008 Montana 3000RK
18 REPLIES 18

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
It's unfortunate that the OP posted but really has not given much guidance. Not sure what he likes or dislikes about a "TV Down" coach and why anyone else would be able to enlighten him since he's the only one who could know if he liked it or not. The only post since the initial post was that he was looking for a coach within a 5 year time span. Still not much help.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
You can move the TV where ever you want it to be - within reason.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

jgallego
Explorer
Explorer
The Coachmen Mirada has the lcd on the wall.
2014 Coachmen Mirada 35 DL
2016 Chevrolet Colorado Crewcab 4x4
2013 Honda CRV

country_sunflow
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry I didn't see that you wanted a gas MH, ours is diesel.

country_sunflow
Explorer
Explorer
Our 2009 Fleetwood Discovery, has four TVs one is a 40" on a cabinet low enough to view very comfortable. One is above the captains chairs, we never use this set.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
I think a lot if not most had it at on the doghouse pre-2003
2013 ACE 29.2

jcthorne
Explorer
Explorer
grampachet wrote:
Thanks for all the replys.
We are looking for used 2005 to 2010 gas class A.
Our favorite so far has been the Damon Challenger 371. We have found very few or none for sale in the Pacific NW.

Our Damon Daybreak 3575 has the forward kitchen with living room central to the coach. 40" Flat screen in the entertainment center of the living room.
2008 Damon 3575 (38ft, forward kitchen)on Ford 22k chassis

Coyote74
Explorer
Explorer
2004-2005 Winnebago adventurer 38R w entertainment center on floor.
Joe Taylor , Good Sam Life Member
FMCA #285032
2004 Winnebago Adventurer 38R

Life's a trip, RVing makes it an incredible journey.

lostdog
Explorer
Explorer
grampachet wrote:
Our favorite so far has been the Damon Challenger 371. We have found very few or none for sale in the Pacific NW.

Take a look at a Georgetown 378. Ours has a 40" TV above a fireplace directly across from our seating.

Never could figure out why I would want to sit on a couch and have to look over my shoulder to watch a little TV stuck up over the dash.
Chuck n Terri
2017 Heartland 3875FB
2016 Chevy 3500 Duramax
Rica, the old cat
Max E. Dog, the puppy dog
Kirby, the old dog, passed but not forgotten

grampachet
Explorer
Explorer
2004 F-250 KIngRanch,CC,SB,SRW,4x4,V-10,3.73
2008 Montana 3000RK

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
grampachet wrote:
We are looking for a motor home with the television down, not above the windshield. Any suggestions?

Everyone is guessing what kind of suggestions you are looking for. There's nothing wrong with the TV remaining there, updating the TV and leaving it there or making a major modification to not only the TV location but the relocation of the wiring currently at that location.
The other option is don't buy the RV if you don't like something about it.
Could you fill us in with exactly what kind of information you are looking for?
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

bigred1cav
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I have a Pace Arrow with TV down and a sat self locating system. PM me.

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
Quite a few of the newer MHs have a TV against the wall between the Kitchen and Bath. I know the 2009 Beaver Contessa had this.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer - Sierra Leone

Goldencrazy
Explorer
Explorer
All kinds of motorhomes with Tv not on front. With new lightweight LED TV's that are an inch thick you can have as big as you want and put it anywhere. I have moved TV's in three motorhomes and changed out TV's in others to get more size. The new ones are also quite energy efficient. A 32 inch LED TV is lightweight and can be moved easily and stowed for travel. Good luck.