cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Motorhome side mirror replacement/repair

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
Is it possible to rechrome the side view mirrors on a mh? Mine has some small pits in them and I'd like to put a new finish on them. These are not metal, they are some sort of plastic. They sell for $670 a piece so replacement is out of the question.
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart
9 REPLIES 9

AikenRacer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!
2012 Tuscany 42RQ tag
2005 Silverado 2500 w/ piggy back golf cart

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
There is a place that does RV mirrors in Florida .

http://spacecoast-plating.com/

The owner is a RVer and he owns the Yahoo Monacoers Group , great guy .

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/Monacoers/info

This group is named after the founder who is deceased , Bill D .

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Aiken guy, Must it be chrome? Couple you find an automotive paint that coordinates with the rest of the rig?
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
A fellow camper got my mirror while I was parked in a CG. $670 would have been a bargin. But he cracked the fiberglass so new mirror, fiberglass repair, paint and 3M cover all for $4,500.

Don't know what the 8' gash in his Air Stream cost but a lot more than my repair I'm sure.
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Find a shop that does this:
Spray on chrome

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
If you can't justify $670 for a replacement, odds are a $300 plus price to re-chrome will be a deal breaker as well. Good news, many shops simply use Spaz-Stix mirror chrome and charge you a hundred or so per piece to do it. You can probably pick up a can for under $20 and do the mirrors yourself. Only word of caution, follow the directions to a tee! Don't skimp, skip steps or rush through it if you want excellent results. There probably are videos on YouTube showing you this and other similar products so you can decide yourself. I have seen this product used and I think it does a great job.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
AikenRacer wrote:
Is it possible to rechrome the side view mirrors on a mh? Mine has some small pits in them and I'd like to put a new finish on them. These are not metal, they are some sort of plastic. They sell for $670 a piece so replacement is out of the question.

Mine are scrapped up too on my truck. It makes the rig look worse for wear, and even though I am somewhat obsessive about such things, I have just resigned to it.
There is something special about camping in an RV.

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
May be possible to get a chrome cover to snap over them. I have seen large metal MH chrome mirrors for $300-400 around RV surplus stores in my travels..

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Interesting question. Check around local truck stops. Several in the Ga/Fl border area have chrome shops. The shiny layer got on there somehow
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow