cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Motor Home estate auction

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
went to auction this morning. they had a MH that has sat for at least the last ten years. it was a DP, with a rear radiator. nobody knew what engine it had other than a diesel. the tires had to be over ten years old since it was been sitting for that long. the frig needed work, some of the windows were in need of replacement, the floor felt like a diving board. the kitchen sink needed resealed, the carpet was real bad. it had 55K on the odometer and the decals were pealing off out side. other than that it was in well fair shape. it went for $8K not bad if you are into redoing it. some of the other stuff and I mean they had a lot of stuff. they had a look like new battery Skil chainsaw that goes for $330, this was used mind you , it went for $355. the bidders were totally just bidding to
hear them selves bid.
9 REPLIES 9

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
The wise auction attendee researches what they intend to buy, determines what is a fair price as well as how much they are willing to bid, and then shuts up if the bid exceeds that value. However, there are many among us who just can't manage to do that.

Bruce_Brown
Any idea what brand MH it was?
There are 24 hours in every day - it all depends on how you choose to use them.
Bruce & Jill Brown
2008 Kountry Star Pusher 3910

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
Only at an auction can the person who will pay more for an item than anyone else be called the "winner".

Passin_Thru
Explorer
Explorer
I go to auctions once in awhile and the auction companies salt them. I know one guy who will bid everything John Deere up no matter what. He bid a 2 bottom plow to $500 when it was worth 200. I think its dishonest and just let them go. I will buy on Craigslist or new stuff.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
I sold a car at an eBay auction. I tried to locally sell it for $6000. It sold at auction for over $14,000 and the second place bidder told me that at least he made the other guy "PAY" for it. I thanked him. :B

midnightsadie
Explorer II
Explorer II
see this all the time some people have more money than brains.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
old guy wrote:
they had a look like new battery Skil chainsaw that goes for $330, this was used mind you , it went for $355. the bidders were totally just bidding to hear them selves bid.

It's called Auction Fever. Some people go crazy and pay too much for an item. But, they win. 🙂

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I bid...$400.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Moved from ATC