cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

mail order blinds

jpwiggo
Explorer
Explorer
need to replace some of my folded string type shade blinds. The dog just ate one.

Any recommendations on where to order? I just need one
9 REPLIES 9

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I found the best place for buying parts is from a 'small' RV dealership in your neighborhood.

They get shipments everyday. No hassle of trying to chase down your delivery when it doesn't arrive when you order on line. AND more importantly you have a human being to talk to face to face.

they have often prevented me from buying the wrong part and/or often have given me suggestions of how to fix rather than replace. Because you are dealing with an experienced RV person rather than some clerk in a warehouse just punching in numbers for an order placed on line.

I no longer buy anything on-line that pertains to my MH. It's either the local RV dealership or my Mobile RV Repair Guy.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Blind Chalet
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
I replaced all the blinds in the โ€œbedroom โ€œ 2 windows so they matched. We used Blind chalet after almost a year one string broke called and shipped back at my cost ( about 25 bucks ) they fixed and returned on their dime. We ordered honeycomb top down or bottom up blinds. Great insulation. And service.
Bill

drwwicks
Explorer
Explorer
For what it's worth, restringing the blinds is easy. I had 2 break last year and one this year. We found a local to restring the 2 last year and she only used 1 string on the narrow one, instead of 2, and it broke again this year. Problem was not reinstalling the grommets. I did both myself on the bed when we got back, ensured the grommets in place and used 2 strings. Just follow the instructions, available from Winnebago or other sources, and easy. Saved a ton of money too.
2007 Itasca Horizon 40FD
2012 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
2015 Harley Davidson FLHTKL

Jq1953
Explorer
Explorer
Just installed entire coach with metal Bali brand blinds from Lowes. About $50 per blind. Custom sized and many colors. Easy to install.

jerseyjim
Explorer
Explorer
As with the OP, my dog 'ate" one of my blinds. Some years ago, when new, my motorhome came with "day/nite" blinds that we constantly broke the string(s) and under the warranty, the dealer fixed them. However, when the warranty stopped, the charge would be around 100 bucks to do this job. Gotta be a better way.

We found it. "Blinds To Go" is a chain that has just about everything in this department. I brought all four of the original "day/nite" shades to them (for accurate measurement) and within a week I had all 4 replacements (vinyl, 1") for $130. The mounting, due to extremely limited space (between the wall and rear of the cabinets...was 2 3/16"...was agony...but up they went and still perfect.

We learned the hard way that when we leave the dog alone (eating out, etc.) we keep the blinds up. She likes to look out the window and apparently will kill do do it ! LOL!!!

Blinds To Go don't seem to have any stores in Ohio...but maybe something similar?

g'luck

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
we almost lost one in Yuma. I just pulled out the string and left it that way. no need to fix it so the dog can chew it up again

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Ebay is correct I got 2 there
if that fails
stevesblindsandwallpaper.com will have something close.
I must have owned your dog 55 years ago as he used to eat my homework all the time. Surprised he has lived this long
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
ebay