cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Made a decision

ADUS
Explorer
Explorer
We have a really nice Holiday Rambler class A and love it but want to store it in my shop which is finished, Unfortunately my doors are only 10'6" tall and building an addition just does not seem logical at this point.
I really want to get a unit that will fit and still give me some nice room of a class a. so I am looking for a gulfstream montaj, but cannot find one to even look at let alone to consider buying. anyone have one that I could look at to see if I am wasting my time or know where one is for sale to look at?
Or even just to talk with someone who owns one to get a feel of the quality.
Really like the new trend but a little small.
10 REPLIES 10

dverstra
Explorer
Explorer
Can have an overhead door company come in and raise the header to accommodate a 12 foot door? If that is possible, it would be cheaper than the sales tax on a new motorhome. If you have the height to do it, raise it to 14 foot. Your next MH would be sure to clear that. Most of the newer Motorhomes are 12'6"

I guess this all assumes that the building is high enough to do this.
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "...Holy Cow....what a ride!"

2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator
2013 Honda CRV
Returned Peace Corps Volunteer - Sierra Leone

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does that include A/C height?
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

ADUS
Explorer
Explorer
Am considering all the options, thanks for input.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
might be easier to raise the door if you switch to a swing out one, rather than need room to roll one up.
bumpy

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
I'd raise the roof and put in new doors. Holiday Rambler is just plain a better coach all the way around.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

Explorer
Explorer
Have you looked into raising the doors or even the whole roof line?? I have a friend that raised the roof on his shed. It took some doing, but it is possible.
Mark

2000 Itasca Suncruiser 35U on a Ford chassis, 80,000 miles
2003 Ford Explorer toad with Ready Brake supplemental brakes,
Ready Brute tow bar, and Demco base plate.

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
I had a Holiday Rambler class A when I lived in Northern IN.
I stored it outside 24/7. Didn't seem to hurt it any.

I bet it will be a lot cheaper to change to a taller door then trading.
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
How high is the ceiling? If two feet higher do a search tinypic door by me as I am on a Iphone.
Pictures here.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
I would have the door rebuild with a higher height.

rocmoc n AZ/Mexico
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I see they show their height at 10'4". I hope you have a perfectly level shot at your 10'6" door and nothing extra was added to the top.
bumpy