cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Loose side mirror

gja1000
Explorer
Explorer
The passenger mirror (Manual) on my Class C Ford F-350 is loose where it attaches to the arm, and vibrates out of place so it is unusable. Any idea how to tighten it?
9 REPLIES 9

1Grumpa
Explorer
Explorer
  • I donโ€™t have any adjustment screw that is visible. There is what looks like a plastic plate that might give access to adjustment screw. Is that what I need to do or is there somewhere else that I need to look.

1Grumpa
Explorer
Explorer
  • 1998 Thor Residency 

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
If it is a Velvac mirror,which it should be,there is a adjustment at the end of the arm,use a screwdriver to unscrew the cap, under it you will see inside the opening a hex screw I think a 3/8. turn it to tighten the mirror head.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

hotjag1
Explorer II
Explorer II
The ones I've seen have a small Allen screw on the side or bottom of the arm to adjust and tighten the mirror.
hotjag1
2003 40' Allegro Bus, 3 slides, 400hp 8.9 liter ISL Cummins

2000 24' Dynamax Isata

gja1000
Explorer
Explorer
2015, Coachmem, no delamination. The arm is metal and the shell that holds the mirror and attaches to the arm is all metal.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
A picture would help too.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
What year and make is your MH? Do you have some delamination around the mirror?

• 1998 Thor Residency 

• How do I tighten my mirror