cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Living Space?

BlackSeriesUS
Explorer II
Explorer II
For many people as of lately, it seems to me, that they are torn between an off road camper, or the popular, and very expensive, 4 X 4 van conversions. If you are here, you likely chose the van. Now that you have time in it, what are your thoughts on living space? Do you find that it is adequate and well thought out? Are all necessary appliances placed well, or are there adjustments that can be made? And the big question is, do you feel that you made the right choice?
4 REPLIES 4

Photomike
Explorer III
Explorer III
My thinking is that for most of the stuff that I carry I don't need to carry it. So every few months I toss out the stuff I have not used for a while. I had more space in the Class C and the Truck camper but honestly didn't need to carry most of the stuff I had in them. In the Transit I carry what I need and that is it and still have lots of room left.
2017 Ford Transit
EVO Electric bike
Advanced Elements Kayaks

steveh27
Explorer
Explorer
My 1997 Xplorer 230XL has a 25 gallon freshwater tank. I've spent 4 winters in FLA for up to 2 months with over half of that boondocking. But I am alone in the rv. I've had this since 2000 and really use it and love it, putting 170,000 more miles on it.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
The 4x4 van conversions I’ve viewed don’t have enough fresh and waste water capacity for staying more than a couple of nights boondocking.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Jim_Carolyn
Explorer
Explorer
I’ve had five camping units over the past 20 years and I’ve always felt that each one was the right choice
Jim Tewell
2008 Roadtrek 210 Popular