cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Lippert slideouts

tennisgal33
Explorer
Explorer
We have a 2014 Itasca Meridian 42E Motorhome. It has a Lippert slideout on the driver's front slide, which we had worked on last year and we are again having issues. We know these have been problematic for many coaches. My question is, should we take our coach to the Winnebago factory in Forest City, IA which would be on a stand-by basis or to Lazy Days in Seffner, FL where we have an appt.? Also, we have heard that Winnebago has extended the warranty on these because of the problem. Has anybody else heard about this?
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
It is NOT the slide mechanism that is the fault. It IS the design and way the OEM builds the walls and support rollers. IF the OEM does not build the RV to LCI's specs, then the Scwintek system will fail. Doug

Diplomat_St_Poo
Explorer
Explorer
My friends just left the Winnebago factory in Forest City, IA. They had to have their kitchen slide of their 2014 Tour rebuilt for the third time. They were told this was the newest and greatest fix. I thought it was a schwintek slide.

They made an appointment a couple of months ago. When they arrived there were half a dozen other people there for the same thing.

The ones with appointments were in and out in a few days. The ones without wait in line. They told me one couple has been there since August 20. So they would recommend getting an apointment not going standby.

They are hoping this is the final fix. The previous one lasted for 4 slide outs before failure.
2005 GB Cruise Air XL DP
3 slides, 350 Cat
2002 Ford Explorer, drag along
3 Standard Poodles 1 Mini Poodle
Vancouver Island BC, Canada

tennisgal33
Explorer
Explorer
We don't think Winnebago has always used this system. We do you know of several individuals in our motorhome group that have had similar problems with late year models.

Teacher_s_Pet
Explorer
Explorer
To me it depends on where you are, if in transit and "close" to Winnebago, that would be my 1st choice. However if you are close to or in Florida, Lazy Days would make sense, you may have to leave it to get the work done. Our Tiffin slide took the factory service center in Red Bay 3.5 hours labor to remove our big driver's side slide out, replace the floor and re-install. I do not believe any dealer can do the repairs faster than the people who built it. However Lazy Days has had a Tiffin rep on the property in the past for trouble-shooting problems, could be the same with Winnebago.
'06 Phaeton 40' QSH
'14 Ford Flex SEL AWD Toad
'04 R-Vision Trail-Lite 213
Scottiemom's Pet or husband to Dale
RV.net Rallies 13, Other Rallies 21, Escapades 7
Fulltimers since 2005, Where are we?
Our Travel Blog

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
tennisgal33, I would take the coach to Lazy Days in FL. first IMHO, where you have a solid appointment. Thanks for the info I wasn't aware Winnebago was having these problems! Do you know if Winnebago has always been using Lippert Slides or is this a new thing? Good Luck