cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

led replacement bulbs

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
Sence a lot of you have replaced your halogen bulbs with led bulbs how have they held up? I have been hesitant replacing ours but the time has arrived to do something. Bulbs are going out monthly and I need to do replacements. Just wondering how your replacements have held up. Thanks in advance Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide
12 REPLIES 12

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
I replaced all the interior lights in my unit with LEDs. I used the bright whites on the ceiling lights and the warm white ones on the side sconce lights. That gives me a choice of lighting.
I watched my onboard amp use display ( when plugged in ) then turned on every light inside and found the amp use did not even change. No worry about draining batteries. Love them!

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I only had a couple of halogen bulbs here, lots of incandescent non-halogen though.

I replced the two 10 watt Halogen's with a couple of Eco-Led brand discs that were advertised as being as bright as a 1156 (Closer to 1141) and cool white
More light, and so far they have outlasted enough landscaping bulbs (10 watt halogens) to have paid for themselves.. And they just plugged in to the puck lights they are in.

On my 1141 fixtures The first batch I got were blue light specials.. Dim, Blue and short life span,, I have one left (it is 10 years old) the otehers are a mix,, Mostly warm white (I really like cool white better) but otherwise good.

Warm/Cool white is a prefewrence thing.. I like cool It is more white.. Many like warm which is kind of yellow to my eyes.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I started a new post with the results of the 15 led 5630 bulbs compared to the 12 led 5050 ones I've found to be the best.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

B_s_Bunch
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies everyone and I apologize for not getting back sooner. Can't log on at work where I am at. Good to hear they are lasting. That was my concern. Thanks again. Larry
Larry,Brenda,Travis,Jarred & MEME the Boston Terror:E TheBunch 2011 American Coach Revolution 42T:C The Double Wide

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ivylog wrote:
I just bought 10 g4 LEDs with 15 5630 chips for $13.60, why would you pay $11 for one with fewer chips?:h
Will start a new post on which is brighter 12 5050 or 15 5630. Granted it will probably be next month before they get here.

That is a good price without question. I tried the 9 LED Elite model but they were way to bright so backed off to the 6 LED model. Also the larger model was a tough fit in my puck lights. Look forward to hearing about your experience.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I just bought 10 g4 LEDs with 15 5630 chips for $13.60, why would you pay $11 for one with fewer chips?:h
Will start a new post on which is brighter 12 5050 or 15 5630. Granted it will probably be next month before they get here.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
I've been playing with G-4 replacement LED lights for some time but have been largely disappointed with the light output. Most are only half as bright as the Halogens.

Finally I stumbled on these:

M4 Elite

The 5630 LED chips are much brighter than than most offerings but do cost more.....proves the no free lunch theory. I found the Natural light to work best in the bathroom, bedroom, dining room, and under counter lights. Warm wight bulbs are used in the living room.

M4 is great at letting you buy a couple than exchange them for a different style if necessary.

Several other companies off the 5630 chip so shop around.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

jtessnm
Explorer
Explorer
Check out, 2011_led , on ebay. I have changed all my interior lights in my motorhome and house with led from this site, over several years. Good quality products, fast shipping and no problems. jt
Do not confuse me with facts, my mind is made up.
There is a difference between stupidity and ignorance: ignorance can be cured.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I replaced all 32 of my ceiling lights with leds four years ago... went from 32 amps to 4 amps. I would buy a couple of these $1.17 today. I would buy two of those, BUT while they will fit, they end up being off center so I've found the 12 5050 leds in warm white like these the best and all but one are still working. You want a color temp of 3000+/-.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
I replaced all 32 of my ceiling G4 with LEDs four years ago... went from 32 amps to 4 amps. What cost $3 then are now

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I spent a boatload of money trying out various colors of LED bulbs. None gave me the light I was looking for. Finally went back to the halogen. I did change out the flourescent tubes with LEDs and they are working great....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

JR45
Explorer
Explorer
Larry
I have replace every halogen bulb in the roof with LED total 27 puck bulbs and all the light on the wall 12 plus every light in the dash total 19, 2 years ago. Every bulb still going strong and a lot cooler and less battery power.
JR
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series Cat C9 Samsung 197 RR
Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf VMS 330
Toad--2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force One
:C