cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

King Dome

Timothy2001
Explorer
Explorer
I have considered replacing it with an HD antenna but now that I have punched a hole in it from one of those height restriction I-beams (that's a fun story) I need to either do that or another device.

We've only had the coach a few months but the display on the controller has always indicated, ANT COMMM ERROR.

I have seen that the Dish X2 is pretty popular but we will likely be exclusive on the East coast and also that one is considered portable and not mounted.

We will not be watching TV while driving down the road, most RV parks have cable so the limited time we will be without cable I am certain an antenna will suit us just fine. Wondering if the bolt on pattern matches the King Dome?

Are there options I am missing or not thinking of?
2008 Itasca Meridian 39z
7 REPLIES 7

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
We had in motion Sat years ago and on the east coast, where we camp with tree cover etc, we found it to be more of a hassle than it was worth. With cellular data coverage in pretty much most areas of the country, streaming is easier and cheaper. A hotspot, an unlimited data plan and a firestick, you can get whatever you want without any additional equipment on the roof or the ground. And MUCH cheaper than a dome/dish and Sat plan through dish or DTV.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Airdaile
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
I’m not sure what you mean by your east coast coming.

A Winegard Pathway X2 for DISH lets you select eastern OR western arcs so works great coast to coast.

The new King Tailgater does as well. Portable, but I think King makes a roof mount.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
DO you want SAT TV or Over the air
Best over the air antenna is likely already installed (WInegard Sensar) if you have an II or III add the wingman and the sensar pro indoors. You may need to restore some cabling while installing the sensar pro cause a prior owner may have messed it up.

FOr sat.. You can replace the dome and controller

or you can just remove the thing and either caulk or eternabond over the holes.. That's what I will do. Since I do not use Sat.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Timothy2001
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the input.
2008 Itasca Meridian 39z

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Timothy2001 wrote:
I have considered replacing it with an HD antenna but now that I have punched a hole in it from one of those height restriction I-beams (that's a fun story) I need to either do that or another device.

We've only had the coach a few months but the display on the controller has always indicated, ANT COMMM ERROR.

I have seen that the Dish X2 is pretty popular but we will likely be exclusive on the East coast and also that one is considered portable and not mounted.

We will not be watching TV while driving down the road, most RV parks have cable so the limited time we will be without cable I am certain an antenna will suit us just fine. Wondering if the bolt on pattern matches the King Dome?

Are there options I am missing or not thinking of?

The Pathway X2 cannot be roof mounted. It's too large.
If you want to stick with a dome, and assuming you are a DISH customer then the replacement would either be from Winegard or King Dome but neither will have the same footprint or bolt pattern.
If you really want to do it right you should consider getting rid of the dome and installing a Winegard Trav'ler for the best satellite TV experience. It does not sound like you have ever (or seldom) used a dome and it can be very disappointing compared to home satellite TV (or Trav'ler) service.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
We like the in motion satellite so when ours stopped working I caught
a sale at Camping World where I bought a Weingard T4 for $900 and installed
it my self . It works great .

I know Direct Tv may change things but I decided to do it anyway .
Now it seems Direct TV may not change things that much after all , we'll
see .

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
I’m not sure what you mean by your east coast coming.

A Winegard Pathway X2 for DISH lets you select eastern OR western arcs so works great coast to coast.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.