cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

King Dome Satellite

clayway
Explorer
Explorer
Lock on sat 119 instead of 101, have done all the trouble shooting to switch satellite but nothing works.
Any suggestions
23 REPLIES 23

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think I mentioned they would tell you that but it's highly likely not true. If it's not physically broken it should still be able to pick up the 101 satellite. It's most certainly broken if you are a Dish customer but many folks with domes of that era are still picking up DTV.
Now, you have nearly 10 year old antenna so it's had a good life and putting it to pasture is not a bad idea. Just don't replace it with anything that costs a lot. The DTV signal may well disappear in 2019 for all dome users but there is still no direct clarification on this issue from DTV. The current 101 satellite is out of fuel and something is going to be placed there.....but what?
Take a look at a stationary dome ($600 range) or save your pennies for a good antenna like a Trav'ler.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

clayway
Explorer
Explorer
Update!
I spoke to King Dome today & the tech I spoke with was helpful, however my 2008 unit is obsolete & cannot be repaired. They did offer me a fair deal on a new upgraded unit

Thanks for all the responses

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I've never gotten any help from Dish on the RV. It takes an hour of canned nonsense from the tech before he admits he can't help with an RV.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer
i have gotten a lot more help on my king dome's from dish than king dome. you get a state side tech you will be amazed at their trouble shooting ability.

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mile High wrote:
donkeydew wrote:
1-800-333-3474 (dish) there are great problem solvers
You were kidding, right?

Right! Dish cannot help with your King Dome!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
You have never been able to receive HD with a dome and DirecTV. Nothing has changed there. I would expect your call to King Dome will end with you being told that the changes Dish made has rendered your KD unusable. However, many are using their King Dome (all domes) successfully today with the DirecTV service.

correct as what I said also

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
donkeydew wrote:
You were kidding, right?

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You have never been able to receive HD with a dome and DirecTV. Nothing has changed there. I would expect your call to King Dome will end with you being told that the changes Dish made has rendered your KD unusable. However, many are using their King Dome (all domes) successfully today with the DirecTV service.

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
clayway wrote:
It is direct tv not dish, I will be calling kingdome Monday

when I looked into the 2008 kingdom sat system I was told by king and Dish DISH does not support/work on like a 2006=2008 kingdom
but SD direct TV still does no HD

clayway
Explorer
Explorer
It is direct tv not dish, I will be calling kingdome Monday

donkeydew
Explorer
Explorer

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
No, it is not obsolete. DISH changed the way they send programming and it "can" have an effect on how a dome locates the DTV satellites but even some of the domes are still working just fine on Dish. It seems to be a hit or miss kind of thing but most domes still work just fine with DTV.

sb2bb
Explorer
Explorer
They have reformatted the satellites. Your Kingdom is obsolete. I know I just went through this last summer with mine, 2007. Bought a ref one from them for 360 bucks, 2 year warranty. Nothing to it to install. You may from time to time be able to lock on to a signal but it may take hours. Go on King's site or better yet call them, they were very helpful.
2007 Travel Supreme Select

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
Mine was a 2013 and just quit working. It simply would not re-program after spending hours with tech support. Fortunately it was light weight so I could throw it far enough off the roof to reach the yard.