cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

King Bed

ttempleton
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody remove nite stands and replace queen bed with King? How did it work for you?
Templeton
2003 DP Holiday Rambler Endeavor 40 PST
2 REPLIES 2

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
We did. It was a job. I removed all the cabinets. One side of mine went from ceiling to the floor and the top cabinets were off center. I cannibalized the cabinets and made new ones with the parts. The wall had screw holes in it so we covers the walls around the headboard with berber carpet. The room is warmer now. We ended up with 10 inches on each side of the bed to walk around. I find it's easier to crawl over the top each night but we stand on the sides to make the bed. One nightstand stayed as is except for a new laminate top and I made another one to match for the other side. Had to build a new platform and adjust the old shocks for the new weight. Did some wiring while there and added outlets to both sides of the bed for electric blanket controls and USB chargers. We had a queen short and went to a regular king. We love it. It's hard to get around but we figure it takes 5 seconds to get in bed and we spend 8 hours in it. Not a big deal. We now call it a "Bedroom" since the bed takes the whole room! LOL. We bought a good quality mattress that came rolled up in a box. It's a bunch of work but I'd do it all over again. Everything looks factory. We have room under the bed for laundry baskets. It didn't cost that muck. 600 for the mattress. Some 2x4's and some already finished trim from Home Depot and 1 piece of plywood. Everything else was "in stock" in the garage or was reused. We sleep much better!!!

gutfelt
Explorer
Explorer
ttempleton wrote:
Anybody remove nite stands and replace queen bed with King? How did it work for you?

yes went King sleep number air bed;; makes it pretty tight on my side but I don't live in the bedroom and we wanted the larger bed so works fine for us