cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keyless Entry for 2017 Minnie Winne

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone with a newer say 2016 -2018 Minnie Winnie 31K have keyless entry. My 2017, just purchased with 9,500 miles, has power door locks but did not come with a keyless entry remote. I'm wondering if any of the collective wisdom here has any ideas. I have contacted the local Ford Dealer and am waiting for a response after they "research" the issue. Also spoke with the geeks at the local auto stereo place and they say they can install one. Any help would be great.
9 REPLIES 9

maillemaker
Explorer
Explorer
LOL my old RV has manual door locks and crank windows. 🙂

I'm amazed it has fuel injection. 🙂

Steve
1990 Winnebago Warrior. "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts!"

S1njin
Explorer
Explorer
Winnie seems to buy the same cutaway features whether they're going to put a 'Premium' C on the back of it or the standard rental grade one.

Jayco Redhawks (last I looked) did not have the fob, the Greyhawks do (mine had one).

All depends on what the coach manufacturer buys.
2019 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

nosebreaker
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a 2018 Winnie Minnie 31G and it does not have keyless entry. We looked at a "premium" 2017 31G and it did not have keyless entry either although it did have 4 televisions.

legolas
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Ron Dittmer....the link you provided was a clear explanation and exactly what I was looking for. Was the vehicle set up from the factory to accept the "keyless emote" semantics aside I am not referring to the "keypad on the door" nor am I concerned about the motor home "house door".

I had spoken with a service writer at the local Ford dealer who was supposed to get me the info. I gave him the VIN# and he should have been able to locate the original factory info for the vehicle. Currently the MH is at the winnebago dealer having an inverter installed and the genset serviced. When I get it back Ill take it to the Ford dealer and make them give me the straight info.

ron_dittmer
Explorer
Explorer
S1njin wrote:
They are options on the cutaway chassis when the RV manufacturers buy them. My Winnie also didn’t have them. My Sunseeker does.
That is what I understand as well.

CLICK HERE to read my determination some years ago.

S1njin
Explorer
Explorer
They are options on the cutaway chassis when the RV manufacturers buy them. My Winnie also didn’t have them. My Sunseeker does.
2019 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV

CodyClassB
Explorer II
Explorer II
My 2015 E350 has no remotes. I bought spare remotes and couldn't program it . I follow the instruction but it does appears that the model I have supports key-less entry. I think Ford has a producre cheaper version for mobile homes. Strangely, my 15 years old RV (Ford E450) has key-less entry.

rseymour21
Explorer
Explorer
It sounds like your asking about the remote for the Ford doors. You should be able to buy additional remotes and program using you Ford manual. I did that for my F250 a few years ago when I lost my remote and purchased a replacement.
2003 F250 7.3L
2008 Cougar 292RK

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
Legolas,

Small problem with vocabulary.

By Keyless, you seen to mean a remote RF keyfob. Correct?

If that is the case and you have power locks, you can buy the kit on Ebay for about 15$ and pay the stereo shop about 100$ to put it in. It is easy enough that I put one in my 1973 coach.

I also added real keyless. The kind with a code pad, but they cost more.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.