cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Itasca Ellipse 42QD - Drain/condensation line

HighwayJunky
Explorer
Explorer
So, I have a constant drip under our coach which is causing folks to stop by to let me know I have a leak! Well, after crawling under the coach side way back and near the center of the coach I found two drain/condensation lines. I assume that would be what they are called..But both have the small end filters over the end of the line.

The question is: what are they connected too and why does the one drip what appears and smells like clear, fresh water. Winnebago tells me the drain lines for the air conditioners are located in the rear of the coach so neither of these lines are for the cooling system. The heating strips were never on and I assume they would not cause for condensation.

I turned off the air conditioners overnight but still in the morning the one line is dripping at a rate of 1-drip per second and filled a wash basin size container in a single night. Where could the water be coming from???

I use the AquaHot system for heating but turned it off as well but it didn't change anything.

Thanks in advance, signed "Puzzled"
2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
2012 Fiat Pop Toad
One wife
No pets
No complaints
No Worries (except keeping wife happy!!)
Fulltime jobhttps://www.rv.net/SharedContent/cfb/images/rolleyes.gif
7 REPLIES 7

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
HighwayJunky wrote:
Found my answer after talking to a Winnebago Tech. I have a "drip" at the valve for switching from campground to Fresh water tank. When the valve is on campground water a leak still drips into the fresh water tank thus over time filling the tank. Once full the water was no place to go but out the top of that tank thru a overflow line then onto the ground. Thats it, tightened that valve,,reduced small amount of water from tank by using the pump and leak stopped..easy fix.

I told you this 3 days ago. Why go to a forum if you do not take advantage of the people's suggestions? Doug

HighwayJunky
Explorer
Explorer
Found my answer after talking to a Winnebago Tech. I have a "drip" at the valve for switching from campground to Fresh water tank. When the valve is on campground water a leak still drips into the fresh water tank thus over time filling the tank. Once full the water was no place to go but out the top of that tank thru a overflow line then onto the ground. Thats it, tightened that valve,,reduced small amount of water from tank by using the pump and leak stopped..easy fix.
2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD
2012 Fiat Pop Toad
One wife
No pets
No complaints
No Worries (except keeping wife happy!!)
Fulltime jobhttps://www.rv.net/SharedContent/cfb/images/rolleyes.gif

Solo
Explorer
Explorer
On our 2011 42QD the AC condensation lines are located at the left rear of the coach, near the left side of the rear mounted engine radiator and will certainly drip well after the ACs have been shut off. You have been given other ideas for where to look so hopefully you can track it down. Another suggestion if you are not already a member, the Tour/Ellipse Facebook Group is an excellent source for owner questions on your rig. Just another source for online owner advice-there are many but this one has been one of the better groups I have used.
Solo
2011 Itasca Ellipse 42QD, 450 HP ISL Cummins
2012 Jeep JKU with SMI DUO Braking System

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
1. Cold/Hot Water drain lines
2. Refer interior condensation drain line
3. Washer drain pan drain line
4, BUT, since it drips it would appear to be part of the pressure fresh water system. Open up your Hot/Cold drain valves and see if water flows out one of those tubes. Doug

Long shot would be fresh tank overflow tubes------The City Water pressure fresh tank fill valve is seeping or not closed completely. Pressure fill the fresh tank and see where the overflow comes out

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Yes it is the air conditioners. Just like your car there must be a condensate drain for each A/C unit.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad

Y-Guy
You might, if you haven't already, check out the Winnebago Manuals & Diagrams section with the Plumbing diagrams you might be able to figure out where it's all coming from.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can't say where water is coming from, but if you are using water pump it would certainly be pulsing off and on with that amount of water. Using city water a minor leak can occur without being noticed sometimes. Good luck hope you figure it out soon.