cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is there a ABS sensor shortage?

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
Took coach in yesterday for two little warranty issues, ABS light on dash and wiper/washer squirter doesn't. Freightliner says I have a bad ABS sensor but they don't have one. This was end of day yesterday so we agreed to talk this morning after they had some more info. Turns out sensor is on a "critical back order" so we are not getting one any time soon. If another location has one they aren't parting with it says my service writer. Well it was very hard to leave the coach there for the 24 hrs that I did. Knowing there will be a return trip some time in the future bugs me. I never had any problems sourcing parts for my 13 year old orphaned chassis on my old coach. Not super thrilled to be part of the FL family at this point.
Bill & Kelli
2015 DSDP 4366 pulling a 21 JL Unlimited Sport
2002 Safari Zanzibar 3906 gone
1995 Fleetwood Bounder 36JD gone
8 REPLIES 8

creeper
Explorer
Explorer
Go to Napa and see if they can cross the number for you. The crossed all kinds of crazy numbers for me.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
wolfe10 wrote:
I would call Freightliner Gaffney on Monday and see if you can get their assistance in locating the part.

If not, ask them for a cross reference to a Meritor, Bosch, Dorman, etc PN.

Thanks Brett I will make that call Monday. I feel like if KCFL's own parts guys haven't sourced an acceptable alternate part by now they are either unmotivated or inept, or possibly coached by FL not to. We'll see.
Bill & Kelli

wolfe10
Explorer
Explorer
I would call Freightliner Gaffney on Monday and see if you can get their assistance in locating the part.

If not, ask them for a cross reference to a Meritor, Bosch, Dorman, etc PN.
Brett Wolfe
Ex: 2003 Alpine 38'FDDS
Ex: 1997 Safari 35'
Ex: 1993 Foretravel U240

Diesel RV Club:http://www.dieselrvclub.org/

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Meritor is probably the maker of the ABS sensor but without the cross reference number it is going to be tough to find one. Dorman is also another manufacturer but Meritor makes most of them.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Going to be tough to do a search with only the Freightliner part number. Chances are the sensor is used in other applications but unless you can find the cross reference number to the generic part, you may be at the mercy of Freightliner.

Yea I'm afraid you are right I don't even have a copy of a service ticket as it's simply an open ticket and it will be warranty any way.
jhilly's post promped me to call them for the part number and they gleefully gave it to me.
Bill & Kelli

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Going to be tough to do a search with only the Freightliner part number. Chances are the sensor is used in other applications but unless you can find the cross reference number to the generic part, you may be at the mercy of Freightliner.

Two_Jayhawks
Explorer
Explorer
jhilley wrote:
There appear to be plenty available from numerous sources. Do you have the specific part number?

ABS wheel sensor FL# 050131925301
Bill & Kelli

jhilley
Explorer
Explorer
There appear to be plenty available from numerous sources. Do you have the specific part number?
2003 Winnebago Adventurer 38G F53 Chassis Solar Power
1999 Winnebago Brave 35C F53 Chassis Solar power
Handicap Equipped with Lift & Hospital Bed
1999 Jeep Cherokee Sport
1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade