Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Is it time to trip

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Is it this the time to trip low traffic, low fuel costs, no virus. ๐Ÿ™‚
2000 Newmar mountain aire 4081 DP, ISC/350 Allison 6 speed, Wrangler JL toad.
65 REPLIES 65

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:
PastorCharlie wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:

It would not be recommended to travel among others if from a state with high coronavirus contamination such as WA, CA, NY, et. al. areas; regardless the low prices to travel. We already have a patient in out area that travel from WA where they contacted the virus. The purpose of limiting travel, gatherings and social distancing is to stop the spread of the virus until there is someway to medically treat it.

Our area is closed to all outsiders except property owners and necessary employees and insiders are limited in travel also.

Those who would risk spreading a serious and deadly virus among the population for the love of pleasure and travel need to rethink their priorities.

WHEN we don't already have it how would we catch it while are traveling in the coach. truck stop re-fuel is a very limited exposure

I just read an article that all the coronavirus cases in our state, so far, have been associated with travel. I wonder if others thought the same as you. Perhaps they were the carriers and did not know it.

oldave
Explorer
Explorer
The moho allows us to be pretty isolated
I imagine most RV parks would rather I check in over the phone with a credit
card anyway .
The Walmarts around here you can go on line order groceries and they will
put them in your car . I think most grocery stores do that now .
With a TDS card I can pay at the pump with a whopping truckers discount
The thing I would be concerned about is getting stuck somewhere by a travel ban
However I've got way to much to do here to go anywhere right now .

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
PastorCharlie wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:

It would not be recommended to travel among others if from a state with high coronavirus contamination such as WA, CA, NY, et. al. areas; regardless the low prices to travel. We already have a patient in out area that travel from WA where they contacted the virus. The purpose of limiting travel, gatherings and social distancing is to stop the spread of the virus until there is someway to medically treat it.

Our area is closed to all outsiders except property owners and necessary employees and insiders are limited in travel also.

Those who would risk spreading a serious and deadly virus among the population for the love of pleasure and travel need to rethink their priorities.

As long as you observe social separation then it does not matter where you come from. If you pull into a campground and expect a hug or a handshake you will likely be very disappointed! If you make reservations at a campground and you are socially responsible you will be able to stay clear of others and you will be in the BEST possible location to avoid cross-contamination. Open air spaces are the 2nd best place to be, 2nd only to complete isolation. Keep your distance, light a fire and enjoy life the way it was meant to be enjoyed!
Camp on!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tom/Barb wrote:
MountainAir05 wrote:
Although limited, it just takes one. Our town so far is OK. But the state has many. Most of them as they stated were moving around getting food and stuff. Its your call, but check the states you are going to visit and see what there rules are. They seem to be changing every day.

So! how do you know we don't have it already? it has a 2 week incubator period.

Add plus to the 2 weeks. Some get it fast others longer than 2. Again its your call. For our state all malls are closed, but food is open for a certain time per your age and address. UPdate for the total was 1500 more than yesterday. A lot of younger 20 years old seem to be getting it. As stated check your states you plan to visit. Things seem to be changing every day.

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
BB_TX wrote:
I would not plan on any government operated park to remain open; local, state, federal, or COE. Just got an email that my reservation at a COE has been canceled as they are closed until further notice.

Do you mind telling us what COE campground cancelled? I'm at a COE in Arkansas for one night: Pendleton Bend. They weren't sure how long they would be open, but they wouldn't sell me a senior pass because of the new rules. I can't catch a break. I was a year late for the $10 pass and now they won't let me have my discount at all. Typical.
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Those who promote no traveling haven't spent a summer in the Valley of the Sun...:B.....Dennis

Having lived here since 1984, I have spent plenty of summers in the Valley of the Sun. It's home for us. We love it. Although, we are looking forward to the snowbirds leaving once again. ๐Ÿ™‚
We usually do take a trip for a few weeks here and there, but have cancelled our travel plans for this summer. Considering the Corona virus, and my 85/86 year old parents....we will most likely stay pretty close to home.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
MountainAir05 wrote:
Although limited, it just takes one. Our town so far is OK. But the state has many. Most of them as they stated were moving around getting food and stuff. Its your call, but check the states you are going to visit and see what there rules are. They seem to be changing every day.

So! how do you know we don't have it already? it has a 2 week incubator period.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
Those who promote no traveling haven't spent a summer in the Valley of the Sun...:B.....Dennis

that's one of the factors we're considering in our thoughts about heading back home early.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
PastorCharlie wrote:
Tom/Barb wrote:

WHEN we don't already have it how would we catch it while are traveling in the coach. truck stop re-fuel is a very limited exposure

clayway
Explorer
Explorer
I have been out for 3 weeks & glad I am. Gas stations & supermarket are open. Private campgrounds are open & happy to have us. We are adhering to all recommendations & I will tell you my MH has been completely sanitized I feel safe & secure

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

Tom_Barb
Explorer
Explorer
Lots of places to boondock. problem is support when you stop

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
Tom/Barb wrote:

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I would not plan on any government operated park to remain open; local, state, federal, or COE. Just got an email that my reservation at a COE has been canceled as they are closed until further notice.