cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Installing black water tank

Our_rolling_oas
Explorer
Explorer
We are installing a black tank with a shallow end and a deep end on the tank. It slopes from shallow to deep. Does the hole for toilet waste go over the shallow or deep end?
20 REPLIES 20

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
I would try to put the vent on the shallow end and the toilet hole on the deep end. But that's just my opinion.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Deep end so that you know the poop is close to the outlet and ready to go out - no worries about โ€œit failed to slideโ€ close enough to the outlet to be expelled.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
shallow end! as all poop goes down hill
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

Our_rolling_oas
Explorer
Explorer
The hole going directly from the bottom of the toilet inside the RV. We are drilling down through the floor into the tank. Should the toilet hole go into the deep or shallow end of the the tank?

Our_rolling_oas
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you. I want to know if the hole going from the toilet to the black tank is on the deep end of the tank or the shallow end. The black tank we are using slopes from shallow to deep. Should the hole going directly from the toilet be drilled into the deep or shallow side of the tank?

corvettekent
Explorer
Explorer
You will want the deep end on the driver's side because the dump stations are set up that way.
2022 Silverado 3500 High Country CC/LB, SRW, L5P. B&W Companion Hitch with pucks. Hadley air horns.

2004 32' Carriage 5th wheel. 860 watts of solar MPPT, two SOK 206 ah LiFePO4 batteries. Samlex 2,000 watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter.