cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In search of perfect Class C camper for a stroke survivor

davehultin
Explorer
Explorer

Last year about this time my brother-in-law had a stroke, it changed everything. He's lost a lot of function on one side of his body. He's no longer able to drive and requires a small walker to move around.

He and his wife were avid campers, pulling  a small fifth-wheeler. We're hoping they can camp again, but it won't be the same as before. We think a Class C will be the most practical for them, and we're helping my in-laws build a list for their next version of a perfect camper:

• It needs to be on the smaller side to make it comfortable for his wife to drive.
  • It needs to have a floor plan that will accommodate his movement.
  • It needs to not have any carpeted areas, his feet can't get caught up in any carpet/floor transitions.

I'm looking for advice from anyone else that has had to navigate a change like this. What features were important to include? What should be avoided? Any specific brands/models that worked well?

After trading in their fifth wheel they'll have a budget of about $90,000, so they expect they'll be looking for a used camper.

Dave Hultin
----------
2019 Ford Expedition Max, 2018 Gulfstream Cabin Cruiser 28BBS
1 REPLY 1

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II

I don’t have any suggestions but I do have the hope for your brother-in-law to have the fastest and most completely recovery humanly possible.