cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HwH is getting Ridiculous

David0725
Explorer II
Explorer II
I called HWh again today the same one girl that answered the phone is kind of Snoddy I have been on the list for a month now she just verified that. She tells me we only have one guy he will get back to you when he can. Smh.. I only have a couple questions to ask the guy. One is where can I find parts like new spring? Is HWh going out of business? They are leaving alot of us hanging right now. I CAN FIX what ever it is that needs fixed buy I need parts and to no what parts to buy.
1994 Holiday Rambler Imperial DP
1999 Honda Accord V6 Toad
42 REPLIES 42

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
To all those posting about other makers of springs. Can just one of you state you actually purchased the springs from a NON HWH built spring source? Doug

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
Paul Hanser founded and still owns HWH(1967). Since his last name is HANSER, I would suppose part of the HWH logo stands for Hanser. Hanser/??/Hydraulics? Doug

Ray_IN
Explorer II
Explorer II
Stewarts Service in Elkhart IN is the largest HWH dealer outside of the factory.

Also some HWH parts are sold on Amazon.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom pushed by a 2013 Chevy Silverado K1500 And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you — ask what you can do for your country.John F. Kennedy 20Jan1961

time2roll
Explorer II
Explorer II
Couple of those retractor springs? I would be at a commercial hardware store. Take them down and match them up.

Argosy24
Explorer
Explorer
McMaster Carr has a good selection of springs, along with most outfits that sell industrial hardware. Ordering is relatively easy with some simple measurements. A lot on these are standard parts available from many sources.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
HWH Corp
pianotuna wrote:
What does HwH stand for?
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just being able to order does not mean you will get it.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
What does HwH stand for?
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
My husband works part-time as an RV tech and the shop he works with has one person who has to sit for hours to talk to someone at HwH.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

JoeH
Explorer III
Explorer III
David0725 wrote:
I called HWh again today the same one girl that answered the phone is kind of Snoddy I have been on the list for a month now she just verified that. She tells me we only have one guy he will get back to you when he can. Smh.. I only have a couple questions to ask the guy. One is where can I find parts like new spring? Is HWh going out of business? They are leaving alot of us hanging right now. I CAN FIX what ever it is that needs fixed buy I need parts and to no what parts to buy.

I hear ya... I called them about a year ago ... I need springs too. Was told they would contact me when the springs were available....sure!
You are right, maybe they are going under.
Joe
2013 Dutch Star 4338- all electric
Toad is 2015 F-150 with bikes,kayaks and Harley aboard

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
New HWH jack springs.

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I will tell you springs are fairly easy to find... You might try a "Farm and Fleet" type place (That's the name of one. Tractor Supply Center is another) Do not know if they will have one the size you need but.. Best shot I think

A Hardware in a farming community Might as well.

Finally there are spring shops. they can make a spring to dang near any spec you need. Leaf or coil.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Pangaea_Ron
Explorer
Explorer
I was told that my HWH parts will not be available for 10-13 months.
2008 Itasca SunCruiser 35L
2014 Honda AWD CR-V EX-L