cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to fix "Vent stuck on Defrost" Minnie Winnie. Video

jungleexplorer
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Guys. So, the vent control on my Minnie Winnie was stuck on defrost. It took me a while to find the problem because the issue was in an inaccessible area sandwiched between the firewall and the fender well. After discovering that it was cost over a $1000 dollars to have this problem fixed by a mechanic, I did a lot of research and I figured out how to fix this problem in less than 30 minutes for about 25 cents worth of tape. I made a video of this drop-dead simple process so that other people can save themselves a lot of time and money. Here is a link to the video.

How to Fix "Vent Stuck On Defrost".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsChKs3Jbsw
1999 Minnie Winnie WF322R
2 REPLIES 2

jungleexplorer
Explorer
Explorer
Home Skillet wrote:
You still need the vacuum reservoir for the system to function properly.
On wide open throttle conditions, or long up hills the engine doesn't have enough vacuum to operate the a/c blend doors. hence the reservoir.

True, but it works most of the time with no problems and the low vacuum goes away fast. Plus, as I said in the video, you can add the vacuum pot under the dash very simply now that the T-Valve is located in an easy to get to location under the dash. I have one on order and will add it when it arrives. But the fact is, it is not necessary for the system to work.
1999 Minnie Winnie WF322R

Home_Skillet
Explorer II
Explorer II
You still need the vacuum reservoir for the system to function properly.
On wide open throttle conditions, or long up hills the engine doesn't have enough vacuum to operate the a/c blend doors. hence the reservoir.
2005 Gulf Stream Conquest 31ft
BigFoot Levelers,TST in tire TPMS,Bilstein Shocks,Trans temp guage,Lowrace iWAY