Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How do you watch tv

hikerman
Explorer
Explorer
Do you stream tv with an unlimited data phone plan, satellite,
rely on rv park cable or over air? I'm trying to make decision if to get HD smart TV, or go to Hulu $40 'real time', or?????
Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks
2008 Monaco Cayman XL 35'
2014 Honda CR-V
37 REPLIES 37

Tinstar
Explorer
Explorer
Dish Network with a Winegard Trav'ler. It's $5.00 per month when added to my home service. It also has the DVR option if you want it.
:CNever pass up a chance to go somewhere:C

angler
Explorer
Explorer
Satellite,OTA probable best options, but I have used HULU live through my IPHONE with the AV adapter from APPLE. I have unlimited data. The picture is surprising good. I use HULU live at home as well. Just can't use your IPHONE while you're watching TV. The plan I have doesn't have unlimited data on the hotspot
2020 Jayco 34RSBS
2002 Tiffin Allego Bay
2010 Keystone Springdale 29bhssr
1998 Jayco Lite 244

debandi
Explorer
Explorer
We use DISH or over the air. If the weather is good, we just read a book.
John Spear RMCS(SW)USN RET '88
Debra is my 'nagagator'! She tells me where to go.
Enjoying our 2006 Roadtrek Adventurs RS

William_B
Explorer
Explorer
DirecTV
Full timing since 2004
2007 Holiday Rambler Navigator 45' DD Series 60
2019 Dodge Ram 1500 Limited

Our Blog

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
RTCastillo wrote:
I download some movies from Netflix. It comes free with Netflix subscription.

But I hope I would not find a camping site so boring with nothing to do but watch TV. We've been snowed in but still, it did not prevent us from going outdoors -- which seems to be the point to camping, lol.

We never go camping.
Reason being, that we own a mobile Motel Suite.
As for a stroll or a ride through the woods, we normally do this before darkness sets in.
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

tropical36
Explorer
Explorer
hikerman wrote:
Do you stream tv with an unlimited data phone plan, satellite,
rely on rv park cable or over air? I'm trying to make decision if to get HD smart TV, or go to Hulu $40 'real time', or?????
Appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

Bat wing antenna for the most part and there's usually more there, than one could possibly watch in any one evening.
Crisp HD too and unlike most park service, even when it is available, with a decent signal.
Then there's a collection of movies, that we have on board, when all else fails.
If you have a newer smart TV or a media player add-on, you can use a flash drive instead of burning DVD's, for playing downloaded movies or any other content that you might desire.
Main thing here is, it's all for free!
"We are often so caught up in our destination that we forget to appreciate the journey."

07 Revolution LE 40E_Spartan MM_06 400HP C9 CAT_Allison 3000.

Dinghy_2010 Jeep Wrangler JKU ISLANDER.

1998 36ft. National Tropi-Cal Chevy Model 6350 (Sold)

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
Johno02 wrote:
Streched out on my back most of the time.

X2 watching Directv and OTA for local channels if able.
Recently put in Smart TVs as streaming is the future and probably sooner than we might think.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
RTCastillo wrote:
I download some movies from Netflix. It comes free with Netflix subscription.

But I hope I would not find a camping site so boring with nothing to do but watch TV. We've been snowed in but still, it did not prevent us from going outdoors -- which seems to be the point to camping, lol.

While just having made this comment is pretty rude to the OP and most of the responders, you should understand that all travel in an RV is not necessarily camping. There are a variety of reasons people travel in an RV. For me, this is also my home so the TV option is very important. Everyone has different reasons for doing what they do. There's no need to belittle someone for asking a simple question.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

Cocky_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
We use the campground provided cable if available, if not, we use our $30 Wal Mart antenna.
2004 Sea Breeze by National RV - 8341

Former Coaches:
2006 Keystone Zeppeline 291 - TT
2000 Aerolite Cub F21 - Hybrid TT
1991 Coleman Pop Up

Formerly known as: hybrid_camper

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I Crankup up the Winegard Sensar III (Batwing) with added Wingman. Use the Sensar Pro to find teh signals. ANd watch OVER THE AIR using a DVR so I can fill my day with the TV I like instead of what they offer.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Macrosill
Explorer
Explorer
OTA or campground cable. I have a usb stick with a bunch of movies on it. If all else fails we can watch the movies off line.
Thanks,
Brian

TT = 2018 Wildwood 31KQBTS
TV = 2006 Ford F-350 CC DRW 6.0

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Old-Biscuit wrote:
OTA unless we go to a CG that has Cable

This.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Old-Biscuit wrote:
OTA unless we go to a CG that has Cable

X2
Also bring along a couple DVDs when tv is boaring.

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
OTA - Always find at least 5 -6 channels most often in the 30's. Will use camp ground cable if free... Also bring along my usual DVD's...

I do carry the VERIZON SECURE MIFI JETPACK but it is mainly for checking in with the kids, paying a few bills, and some surfing the internet. The JETPACK also ties in all of our tablets etc via WIFI around the camp site...

Not into downstreaming TV or MOVIES when camping...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS