Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I lift the dash on 03 Dolphin?

DOLPHIN03
Explorer
Explorer
Need to get at stuff under the dash

❚ Did you read the FTS "Announcement : READ BEFORE POSTING HERE"?
    Forum Technical Support (FTS) is reserved for questions related to the use of the Open Roads Forum sites,
    member profile and photo testing, and for reporting account issues. Please avoid using FTS for RV related
    questions. Instead, select the Sub-Forum which corresponds to the subject of your topic. Thank-you!

Moved from FORUM TECHNICAL SUPPORT

2 REPLIES 2

GREGORYJ
Explorer
Explorer
I removed the dash on our 05 Dolphin a few years ago. No hinges, just screws.
The instrument cluster, switch/radio panels on each side of cluster panel, both center drawer and sliding work station table, all air ducts, panel under steering column, rear cam monitor, 2 windshield defrosting ducts under dash at front, and screws at various locations all have to be removed. I un-plugged wiring harnesses behind the left and right switch and radio panels and completely removed these panels plus inst. cluster. That also meant removing screws for HVAC dash control panel. When almost all was disconnected, I lifted each end of the dash up and set on blocks or anything to hold it elevated. Then you can see the 2 windshield defrost ducts that need it be disconnected, either by cutting or disconnecting inside engine bay front door. Sounds like a big job, but time wise was maybe 2 hours, but it is possible. Maybe make some notes along the way to help remember where screws go, maybe even label some wires/plugs.
Ellen & Greg
08 National Dolphin DL-35Ci, Kelderman Air Ride, Rear Trac Bar
Workhorse W22, RoadMaster Rear Sway Bar, Towing 08 Smart Car

bdpreece
Explorer
Explorer
On my 04 national Tropi Cal the dash was hinged and there were two or three screws on each side tying it to the wall. Getting to the ones on the drivers side was a real pain. I had to lay upside down in the drivers side with my feet over the back of the seat. Don't think I could do it anymore.
Brian, Loretta & Daisy (Golden Retriever)

2008 Holiday Rambler Endeavor PDQ40
2014 Ford Explorer toad