cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Holiday Rambler anyone?

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone have any experience with Holiday Rambler/Fleetwood? Looking at a 2023 Holiday Rambler Vacationer 35GL. Any thoughts about Holiday Rambler/Fleetwood in general? Yeah we did the whole gas VS diesel thing and budget says gas.

TIA
11 REPLIES 11

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Had a used 2018 Holiday Rambler 34 ft gas, it was as good as it could be. No major issue, very minor things I could adjust, tighten or screw back into place. The V-10 did a decent job of getting us up the mountains and down the hills pulling our Cadillac SRX. We did switch to a used 34 ft Tiffin Diesel liked that enough to move to a 40 ft. But totally different rigs. I did enjoy the HR and for the money it cost was a decent rig.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Back in the day Holiday Ramblers were well built and well received, can't speak for today's version but I would believe they compete well with other brands newest offerings, go for it as any issues should be taken care of under warranty.

As for the gas versus diesel debate looks like human nature and the need to feel superior strikes again. Don't let them fool you, we live at 6K' elevation and our 40' Monaco gasser handles the mountains fine, even my wife loves to drive it.

jorbill2or
Explorer II
Explorer II
The fleetwood/ Holiday Ramber are in fact exact twins of each other. Color and minor style changes. Itโ€™s been that way for many years , same assembly , nothing new. Iโ€™ve known a couple friends with a Bounder and they love it! A few minor problems , nothing any new coach doesnโ€™t have. They ( and I) Love the new v8 and much improved f53 chassis. Not everyone needs a Diesel, and Iโ€™ve had a few.
Bill

Bill you mentioned the upgraded suspension I trust you know what the f53 used to be like to drive, so have you put any aftermarket on suspension of the newer f53 suspension? We bought a used holiday rambler invicta 33hb  it had sumo on front end,  it's way to stiff bangs on cracks in the road, just wondering

Wiscampsin
Explorer
Explorer
grldst wrote:
With Fleetwood taking over the HR line it is likely to be nothing more then a rebadged Bounder or Pace Arrow which are good class A gas models.

The Bounder and Vacationer are mostly twins like Rockwood and Flagstaff TT's.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
willald wrote:
Hahaha, this man asks for thoughts on one particular brand of coach. He makes it very clear heโ€™s already decided on a gas coachโ€ฆ.And yet still, some canโ€™t help but make it into a gas vs diesel thing right off the bat.

We really need to try harder to focus on answering the question being asked, and quit hijacking threads to the same age old debates.

It's also possible that the OP is not aware that a used diesel will be more affordable, have less issues and provide a better experience than a new 2023. It's worth mentioning.

grldst
Explorer
Explorer
With Fleetwood taking over the HR line it is likely to be nothing more then a rebadged Bounder or Pace Arrow which are good class A gas models.

sehunter
Explorer
Explorer
willald wrote:
Hahaha, this man asks for thoughts on one particular brand of coach. He makes it very clear heโ€™s already decided on a gas coachโ€ฆ.And yet still, some canโ€™t help but make it into a gas vs diesel thing right off the bat.

We really need to try harder to focus on answering the question being asked, and quit hijacking threads to the same age old debates.

Well said
Stan
2008 Bounder
38P, W24, 8.1L, 3 Slides
2019 tow dolly hydraulic brakes

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II

Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Great answer.... ^^^^^^^......

supercub
Explorer
Explorer
Been the gas route vs Diesel. Have owned both....If it was me, I'd be looking at a nice used Disel Pusher. I would never buy a new RV.........to many problems the first year plus you take a HUGE hit on depreciation. You can buy a nice used Diesel for the same amount or even less...........diesels don't have the noise of a gas and they ride so much nicer. My suggestion before you buy is to drive both........and not around the block, but take them out on the freeway and if possible over so steep grades. Just my thoughts, been there done that. Good Luck.