cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

High pitched "beep, beep, beep" when accelerating...

okhmbldr
Explorer
Explorer
I recently purchased at 2003 Holiday Rambler Vacationer, workhorse 8.1. It was a bank repo so I knew there would be some problems and repairs, but so far nothing major and I've been able to correct most. But, one thing I haven't figured out yet (there may be more coming):
When I accelerate a high pitched "beep, beep, beep" begins and doesn't stop until I stop. As long as I'm not moving it makes no sound, but as soon as I begin to roll, here comes the beeps.
I have no lights on the dash, so any suggestions? Thanks,
17 REPLIES 17

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here is everything you need for the Actia dash: Service manual

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
Find the beeper and disconnect it.
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

okhmbldr
Explorer
Explorer
Update....It's not the leveling jacks.
I drove it yesterday and the beep started and continued while I was moving, stopped, it went away. Then while I was driving and it was beeping, I pressed the mode button and the beep stopped, but....after a few minutes the beep returned, another press of the mode button and it quit, so I'm guessing it's in the dash panel.

At this time I will be parked for about two months, so it won't be moving for a while. (I'm building a new home and sold the old house too quickly so now we're living in the motor home.) When I move in to the new house, I'll figure out the beep. Thanks for all the suggestions.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Recall on teh dash had to do with the display.

The Power gear and RVA jacks both use a float in the fluid tank to sense "Jacks UP" the float is not centered in the tank so acceleration, which pushes oil to the rear, can cause a "Jacks Down" indication if you are low on fluid.

Thus I support that. next time it happens look at your Jacks Panel.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Also does the ABS light self-test at startup? If the bulb burns out, there's a warning chime for that as well, but I've never heard it, so I don't know what it sounds like.
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

carringb
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like it could be the seatbelt alarm. Maybe a loose wire in the seat base?
2000 Ford E450 V10 VAN! 450,000+ miles
2014 ORV really big trailer
2015 Ford Focus ST

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it's a "reverse gear" backup-warning beeper that's wired wrong?

Either that, or you have to stop driving so fast in reverse! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
maybe it is an after market motion detector theft alarm that was installed by a previous owner. What you are describing is exactly what will happen if we don't disarm the alarm on our Harley Trike before trailering it. It doesn't alarm unless in motion.
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

okhmbldr
Explorer
Explorer
It's not the jack because when I picked it up to drive back to OKC, the jacks were chiming and the beep's were both going off. I filled the jack reservoir and that chime quit.
If I'm stopped, in gear but not moving there is no beep. It just starts when I begin to move and continues as long as I'm moving. If I stop at a light or stop sign the beep stops. I don't remember about reverse, I'll check that later today.

MrWizard
only while 'accelerating'
or continually after you but it in drive
or only when actually moving
what happens if you put i drive or reverse, but don't move
can you hear it outside ? could it be a malfunctioning backup alarm ?
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

2chiefsRus
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe the tv antenna down sensor is malfunctioning?
Dave & Kathy
2007 Monaco Knight 40PDQ towing 2018 Ford F-150 & 2017 Harley Trike
Fulltime 2007 to 2016, now halftimers
Before you give someone a piece of your mind, make sure you can get by with what will be left.
Our Blog
National Parks Visited

Matt_Colie
Explorer
Explorer
I do not know a lot about this particular coach, but it could very well be that either one of the jacks is not actually fully retracted or that the switch that confirms that is supposed to indicate this is not correct.

Now all you have to do is find it and fix it.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
The Actia dash module had a recall but there have also been a few issues that are known to users. On mine it would occasionally show zero fuel, low oil pressure, etc, which would cause alarms to sound. There really wasn't a problem and the dash was easily reset by using the chassis battery disconnect switch to cut off power to the dash and allow it to reset itself.
You might try the reset procedure for the Actia dash and see if that corrects the issue.

okhmbldr
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
Do you hear the beeps if you are in neutral and increase the throttle?

No, nothing when you reve the engine, just when I begin to move and as long as I'm moving it keeps beeping. Thanks,